Old Habbits Die Hard

The night air was cold on your skin as you stand on a cliff over looking a deep hole in the earth. Exley stares down into the hole with you before he looks over at you with worried eyes. "I know bud. Something isn't right about this place..." you say to him before you hear something behind you. You spin around only to find a shadowy figure so huge it was almost unbelievable. A gasp escapes you as it brings down its giant hand towards you. The force of the blast sends you and Exley down into the abyss of darkness. As you scream, you find no sound can meet your ears over the ear piercing, head splitting, ringing of the blast, before you slam into an abyss of black liquid.

Splashing to the surface you gasp for air, you look up to find no sky and complete silence, which was absolutely head spinning. Confused you spin in circles while treading the black water, frantically looking for Exley. "Exley!?" You yell making your voice echo in the cold abyss you were in. He was no where in sight and you panicked state only intensified when some unseen force drags you beneath the surface of the black water. You fight, struggle, and swim up as fast as possible to no avail.

The air within you lungs bubbles out of your mouth harshly as you scream in pure rage and frustration, once again completely silent to your ears.
The darkness swallows up all sound, noise, and time almost. The only sensation is the steady pressure closing around you as your dragged deeper, and deeper into this freezing abyss of blackness. It feels like you head is going to explode and your chest burns with no air in it. That's when you see it. A single bright white light in the abyss of nothingness.

Your fingers reach for it as your dragged down at what seems like even greater speed. It seems to follow you just out of reach, as if it wanted you to grab it. Your lungs burn for air as your vision stars to fade to black. You feel your fingers brush the warm light just as you lose consciousness, your ears pick up an eerie howling, not of your beloved Exley.

...

You spring up with a gasp. Panting heavily you find relief in gulping down the air around you. A whine catches you attention and you look over to Exley who's also panting. His eyes were sad as he lays as close as he can to your body. Your hand makes its way to his head and he closes his glowing eyes finding comfort in your contact. "Sorry Ex... I know that dream is scary isn't it." You whisper to him making him huff in agreement.

It wasn't the first time you'd had that dream. Through out time you figured out that every time you had it, Exley had it too. It was a shared dream and it baffles you every time you have it. You knew it meant something but what? You groan in frustration as you flop back against the pillows while keeping your hand on Exleys soft head. Part of you thought that it was a sign from the goddess that gave you this life, but how were you to know? It's not like you'd heard of her since you got here. You didn't even know her name...

Your mind was racing and your nerves were still on edge, looking out at the still night sky, you sigh again and jump out of bed. Walking over to the glass doors of the balcony, you open them and walk out. Exley stays beside you the whole way. That dream always shakes him up just as much as you, and he won't calm down until he senses your nerves calm. With a sigh you summon up a single cigarette before lighting it, with a small flame around your thumb. A small fire spell that comes in handy some times. Taking a long drag of it you feel your nerves calm slowly but surly as the smoke rolls lazy out of your mouth in the blue moon light.

 Taking a long drag of it you feel your nerves calm slowly but surly as the smoke rolls lazy out of your mouth in the blue moon light