XXXIII

THIRTY THREE
─────── ✩《❂》✩ ───────

THIRTY THREE─────── ✩《❂》✩ ───────

"Ms. Stark, I just need your signature to sign off on all the new employees." Kamryn, Meredith's assistant, approached her in her office. Meredith took the holographic tablet and quickly scribbled her signature, M. Stark. "Thank you. Oh, and you have a visitor. Should I send him in?"

Meredith gave her a look. "Should I guess who?"

"He meant for it to be a surprise." She chuckled. Meredith nodded in reply to her question, and Kamryn walked out. A few minutes later, Steve walked in. She couldn't help but smile when she saw him.

"Surprise!" He grinned at her, the corners of his eyes crinkling up. He had a bag in one hand from Meredith's favorite Chinese restaurant, and a bouquet of flowers in the other. Her face was anything but a surprised expression, but nonetheless, she was happy. "Kamryn gave it away, didn't she?"

"She kind of has to." Meredith got up from her seat at her desk and made her way over to him. She took the things out of his hands before leaning over and giving him a kiss on the cheek. She walked over to the side of her office where there was a small seating area. She sat the bag of food on the coffee table and placed the flowers in a vase. They were her favorites, light pink carnations and peonies.

"I begged her to try her best not to give it away." He followed her over. He reached up and felt her shoulders. They were tense like always when she's at work. "Let me get these knots out."

"Yes, please." She nodded quickly. After he got situated on the couch and she sat between his legs on the floor, he did so. She ate her food during. "Oh, the exterior designers sent over some layouts for the house."

"Have you chosen one yet?" He asked, and she took a moment to answer as he pressed deeply into her back.

"Of course I haven't. I was waiting to show you. Duh." She leaned her head back to look up at him. He brushed her hair out of her face.

"Well, I don't care what it looks like." He stated gently. "I just want it to be everything you've always wanted."

She turned to face him. "Steve, this is our house. I want it to reflect both of us. Like, when people come over, they look around and think this is definitely our house."

"Okay." He nodded. She got up and headed over to grab her holographic tablet. She sat down on the couch next to him and showed him the designs.

"Some of these are a bit eccentric, so I know you might not like them because I know you'll probably want something simpler..."

"Mer, if there's a design there that you like, don't let me stop you from picking it." He told her. She gave him another look.

"Anyways, I like this one, and I think you'll like it too. There's two floors, three bedrooms, four bathrooms. two living rooms, a walk in closet, your gym, my shop, the deck, our balcony, and the in-ground swimming pool. It's everything we wanted, and it's not a tight space nor is it a huge space. It's ten minutes from Tony's, lakefront, and we have no neighbors for so many acres. There's lots of forestry—"