XXXVI

THIRTY SIX
─────── ✩《❂》✩ ───────

"Better hustle Mer. Looks like things are about to wrap up here." Tony advised as he watched from outside Stark Tower. The Avengers were confronting Loki after the Invasion of New York back in 2012.

"Got it. I'm approaching the elevator now." She replied, and Tony flew in through one of the conveniently missing window panes quietly. He removed his suit and watched from the shadows, along with Steve.

"If it's all the same to you, I'll have that drink now." Loki told them as they all stared down at him intimidatingly, pointing their weapons. He was outnumbered, and it was obvious he was frightened about what was going to happen to him.

"Alright, get him on his feet." Past Tony ordered. "We can all stand around posing up a storm later. By the way, feel free to clean up."

"Ah," Tony scoffed. "Mr. Rogers. I almost forgot that that suit did nothing for your ass."

Steve glanced over at Tony with furrowed eyebrows as he watched his eyes follow his past self throughout the room. "No one asked you to look, Tony."

"No, he's right." Meredith confirmed, remembering. Steve laughed slightly. She could hear him shaking his head.

"It's ridiculous." Tony continued.

"I think you look great, Cap." Scott butted in as he was shrunk down and sitting on Tony's shoulder. "As far as I'm concerned, that's America's Ass." And they could see his salute, as tiny as he is.

"Who gets the magic wand?" Past Natasha asked as she walked around with it.

"S.T.R.I.K.E. team's coming to secure it." Past Steve replied. Steve and Tony glanced over as they heard the elevator right in front of them. He watched as Rumlow and Sitwell were revealed. It was crazy to see them again, after all this time. Tony grabbed him and pulled him over to the side so they wouldn't see them when they walked out.

"We can take that off your hands." Sitwell offered as he approached Natasha.

"By all means." She handed it to him. Rumlow got the case ready for it. It was crazy how clueless they were of what was going to come out of this small and seemingly meaningless action of handing off the Scepter. As he examined the tip of it, Natasha approached Clint, who was at the bar pouring them both large drinks. She advised: "Careful with that thing."

"Yeah, unless you want your mind erased." Clint added. "And not in a fun way."

"We promise to be careful." Rumlow with an irritated tone.

"Who are these guys?" Scott asked.

"They are S.H.I.E.L.D. Well, actually HYDRA, but we didn't know that yet." Steve replied as they all continued to stand back and watch.

"Seriously? You didn't? I mean, they look like bad guys." He gave them a look, though they couldn't tell.

"You're small, but you're talking loud." Tony narrowed his eyes at him.

"He has a point." Meredith shrugged as she listened in.

"On my way down to coordinate search and rescue." Past Steve said into his communicator as he walked past them. Loki morphed into him and mocked him, then switched back. Steve shook his head as he watched. Loki was a character.

"I mean, honestly, how do you keep your food down?" He scoffed, and Tony laughed slightly, along with Meredith. Thor slapped a muffle over his mouth.

"Shut up."

"Oop, alright. You're up, little buddy. There's our Stone." Tony said, and Steve furrowed his eyebrows at the position Scott was in. That must've been the one that worked best for them when they were practicing.