Business

Narrator's POV

Dinner was the average meal the Tohru would always cook. Warm rice with miso soup, a match made in heaven. In separate plates was a whole fish body grilled and Tamago, freshly cooked. 

Everyone sat around the table, but Rade was sitting at the very edge of the table in between Kyo and Yuki.

"Unno, would you like to sit closer to me?... I mean there's plenty of room for you, so there shouldn't be a reason why you seem so detached from us. After all, meals are better with more people eating together." (Tohru)

Kyo and Yuki made eye contact and for once agreed to prevent that from happening. They did so by glaring at Rade with as much bloodlust that they could muster. It did not affect Rade in the slightest bit though, he can gone through worse.

"Ahhh, don't mind it, it's a habit of his to sit in the most isolated spot, right Rade?" (Shigure)

"Yeah, don't mind me. Better yet, can someone tell me where the ice is?" (Rade)

"I'll get some for you" (Tohru). She went to the freezer and placed a few ice cubes in a cup and handed back to Rade.

"Thanks and I'll apologize for what I'm about to do." (Rade)

Tohru held a confused expression with question marks appearing in the back.

Rade then proceeded to mix the rice with miso soup which was normal to see but then pours all of the ice cubes he received into the new mixture, effectively making it waterly and cold instead of warm.

In shock of what her cooking had become, she sat back down and hid her true feelings under a smile. 

She mumbled, "Everyone has their own tastes", over and over again.

Kyo tried to assure her of her cooking skills by offering praises. The action worked but resulted in an awkward conversation with Kyo being overwhelmed by Tohru's questions. Kyo would blush occasionally and Shigure would be laughing in the background. Yuki was outraged by Rade's actions but remain calm by clenching his fist.

Rade peacefully ate his food and thanked Tohru for the meal.

As soon as he washed his plate, he said: "Tohru, I'll repay you later with my own cooking".

Shigure devilishly smirked and said, "Tohru, Rade-kun here is probably the best chief you'll ever meet. Believe it or not, he actually made that Hatori smile in satisfaction before".

"Ehhh really then Rade-san, I look forward to eating your cooking." Tohru cupped her hands on her face in delight.

Rade simply nodded his head, took his bag with him and went to Shigure's study. Shigure followed Rade only to stop and ask Tohru for tea, unheard by Rade.

They sat facing each other on Shigure's mini table and Rade put out some newspapers, all had one theme in common, Rade's animal shrines being destroyed and his kin's rapidly decreasing in population. Shigure grabbed and read them and handed it back to Rade which he put away.

"So... it was to be expected that something similar would happen to lure you out" (Shigure)

"I know but...-, Rade was interrupted by the sound of knocking.

"I have brought your tea Shigure and Rade-san" (Tohru)

"Ahhh, I asked her to bring some tea," Shigure said to Rade and told Tohru to come in.

Then it happened, Tohru approached them and tripped over her own feet because she was nervous. Both cups of tea flew, the cold Oolong tea splashing Rade in the face and the hot green tea splashing his right leg as he tried to get away. There was a lot thump coming from Rade as he fell to the floor from the slight burn, he did not however scream but held his leg and looked at Tohru with his crimson eye.

Tohru screamed and apologized relentlessly. Kyo and Yuki came to the room, worried because of Tohru's scream. She tried to give him a hand but was slapped away with a loud sound due to his black leather glove.

"It's fine. Leave. I still have one more business to discuss with Shigure" Rade said.

"That's not important now. Go take a shower or I'll call Hatori to patch you up" Shigure said smiling.

Rade left to take a shower.

"What should I do? I injured a guest!" Tohru said pacing back and forth.

Kyo and Yuki tried to calm down Tohru and bandage her hand for a couple of minutes but it didn't work.

"Ahhhh, this is annoying. Just apologized to him. As for the business, you all will know what it is tomorrow, I mean he gave me the clue I needed to know why he was coming. Anyways, you all have school tomorrow so get to bed" Shigure said rubbing his hair.

Kyo, Yuki, and Tohru were walking out of the study. Shigure called Tohru back and was carrying a pitch-black kimono Tohru had never seen before.

"Neeeee, Tohru can you give this to Rade, it'll be the perfect moment to apologize and try not to touch him, he doesn't like transforming, it reminds him of the past" (Shigure).

"Okay, I'll give this to him. But what's his animal, there's not a single animal that deserves to be hated like that" Tohru said with determination and bright eyes that shined

Shigure smiled sadly and pushed Tohru toward the shower while telling Tohru, "Ask Rade what his animal is, it'll be like another game you play with me".

Tohru entered the restroom and hooked the black kimono.

"Shigure told me to bring you a change of clothes... Ummm, I'm sorry" She said bowing her head 90 degrees.

Rade sighed and replied, "It's okay, it was an accident" almost as if he was trying to convince himself.

"If it's not to much trouble, could you tell me what animal you are?" (Tohru)

Rade opened the shower door and Tohru looked up. She was about to scream until a hand blocked her mouth and pushed her to a wall. She made eye contact with Rade.

He said "No" while closing his eyes covered by his bangs.

He let go of his hand and backed away and asked for her help on wearing the kimono the right way. She did as asked, all while looking away from him.

Rade thanked her and made eye contact with Tohru. It was at this moment the Tohru saw his left eye which was golden and dull. Upon curiously, she touched his cheek and lightly rubbed his eye with her thumb. Rade was surprised, he never thought that he would feel warmth on his right eye again and grasped her hand lightly and whispered, "Warm".

In the corner out of sight was a person who saw this all happen and grew angry and sad in his heart but left discreetly and bumped into Shigure on his way back to the roof where he belonged.

"Ohhh? was he crying?" was the only thing Shigure could say as he waved his fan.

Tohru separated from Rade embarrassed and retreated to her room. Rade walked to the front porch and Shigure was there to sent him off.

"About the second business, I already know but are you sure about revealing your spot to Akito?" (Shigure)

Rade started walking away and looked back at Shigure to say, "Yeah".

They both knew that asking any more questions would be a waste of time. All was fair, just like how Rade didn't know how Shigure knew about the second business of him becoming a teacher at Kaibara Municipal High School; Shigure didn't understand the reasons behind Rade's actions.

Both could only hope to be saved someday for they had grown a bit tired from manipulating others. Shigure looked at the beautiful and bright full moon and walked back to his house, sliently closing the door.