Memories of those Gang Days

Narrator's POV- Dream Flashback

Rade, Tori, and Kyoko were sitting in some park. They were young and all had their gang logo on their coats deserving of their boss titles. 

"Hey, do you remember when we first decided to create our own gangs" (Kyoko)

"Yeah, what about it?" (Rade)

"Nostalgic" (Tori)

"Right and so I was thinking about how each name came to be" (Kyoko)

"Yeah we all designed it together" (Tori)

"Speak of which how did I end up with this chuuni name?" (Rade)

"Hey, are you forgetting? It ain't chuuni" (Kyoko)

"Are you kidding me 'Living Misfortune', how is that not chuuni" (Rade)

"It may be chunni, but I like what we came up with" (Tori)

"Speaking of which, Silver Katana suits you very well" (Kyoko)

"Does Crimson Butterfly suit you more?" (Tori)

"I guess. I mean we never discussed how each other chose the names" (Kyoko)

"Well, staring with you, I thought that you resembled a butterfly and the color came from Tori" (Rade)

"Crimson is related to red. Originally it was gonna be red but we need an impactful name for the leader of our alliance" (Tori)

"Is that so?... Alright, Tori it's your turn next. Well, I guess we had the same train of thought, I chose silver because of your hair though, although the shininess is losing its spark, you're a beautiful type of pure," (Kyoko)

"Katana because there was no other weapon that suited you best" (Rade)

"The first thing you think of for your girlfriend is a weapon?" Tori chuckled slightly

"Ahhhh..." Rade looked the other way while scratching his hair

"Ahem...*Fake cough*, Rade your turn. Do I even have to explain it? The best thing to describe you as is misfortunate" (Kyoko)

"WELL, that's a bit depressing" (Rade)

"As for me, I predicted that you would be the last one living the gang life or in general" (Tori)

"Umm, yeah depressing" (Rade)

"'Living the gang life huh?" Kyoko said as she dozed off into space

"So what's the big deal?" Tori said hugging her

"I fell in love and was thinking about quitting soon" (Kyoko)

"Is that so? Then, good luck. Don't ever meet with me until you've gotten him" (Tori)

"Yeah, I'll make you proud" Kyoko left to chase after him

...

"Hey, Rade, why do promises never last? Even though we promised to be gang friends forever... wasn't it a family bond. The first-ever family was with us three" (Tori)

"Because a promise that lasts too long isn't actually one. They're bound to break one day. Even my promises with you" (Rade) 

"Yeah. I know but I can't just get over it...She completed her dream of being a top dog gang leader for sure. What about you?" (Tori)

"Me?" (Rade)

"Yeah, what's your dream?" (Tori)

"I want to start a family with you" (Rade)

"You shouldn't be wishing for that. We're apart of the Sohma clan, we may be related---

"I don't care about that. Even if you don't get better, even if Akito rejects it, I will always love only you" (Rade)

"Thanks, but that's not my dream at all" (Tori)

"Then what is it?" (Rade)

"I want to break the curse" (Tori)

"Then, I'll follow you to the end of the world for that" (Rade)

Time was silent

"Do you have any other dreams?" (Rade)

"If I don't make it I want you to find a successor for both the Silver Katana and Crimson Butterfly" (Tori)

"Alright, I will definitely choose the most suitable person, I promise" (Rade)

"Don't break it now" (Tori)

"Of course" (Rade)

...

"Master wake up. You're crying" (Silica)

Rade oke up and touched his tears.

"What were you dreaming about?" (Silica)

"A promise that I had yet to fulfill with your mom" (Rade)

"Is that so? Then get ahead start" (SIlica)

"Yeah" Rade grabbed a colorful sword. More precise a silver katana with a crimson butterfly design on the hilt. On the sheath, the words, "Living Misfortune" were etched in the darkest shade of black ever imagined. He left to visit a graveyard.

Time Skip

"Hey, didn't you already visit her. What are you doing at the graveyard yet again, Uotani-san?" (Rade)

"So it's you Rade-sensei" Uotani continued to pray

"...Are you really the Crimson Butterfly's successor or just self-proclaimed?" (Rade)

"Isn't that rude of you? Self-proclaimed or not, I owe a debt to her for all sorts of things. Just thinking about it is giving me tears" (Uotani)

"Who would have known that you're a big sofie" (Rade)

"You can't say that to me. Who do you think was crying after school huh?" she looked back smirking

"You can't say that either, I wasn't crying just stifling. The only one who would know other than me was Hanajima-san who went up close to me? Isn't that right?" Rade said and turned around to face Hanajima who made herself known.

"Yes, he was pretending to cry all this time" (Hanajima)

"Yeah I'm a good actor" (Rade)

"Is that so? Then what is your business here Rade-sensei" (Uotani)

"I've decided. Arisa" *she flinched* "You are the most suitable to have this sword" (Rade)

"For what purpose" (Uotani)

"Proof" (Rade)

"Of what?" (Uotani)

"That I accept you" *she blushed a bit* (Rade)

"Sensei~ you shouldn't be targeting your students" (Hanajima)

"It's not like that. Catch" *He tossed it to her* "With that, I declare you as the new leader. Become free" (Rade)

"Sensei, Don't I also deserve a gift?" (Hanajima)

"Gift? is that it? Alright, I hereby name you the leader of Living Misfortune. I'll finally get a break" (Rade)

"What good will that do me?" (Hanajima)

"If you don't want it then don't fall any deeper" *she reacted* (Rade)

"What are you guys talking about?" (Uotani)

"Her lo-

"I get it so don't say anything" (Hanajima)

"At long last, I've completed my promise with her. Till next time" Rade slowly walked away

"What a weird guy. Right Hanajima? He's fun to be around though"

Hanajima wasn't paying attention though, she was more curious about when Rade knew that she was falling for him more and more as time passed.