Episode 19

Rade's POV

I came to Shigure's house. Ritsu-kun's mother wanted me to check up on him... And look at what I see, he's on top of the roof.  

"I ruined the manuscript... Only through death can I atone for my sin" (Ritsu)

This is amusing, Tohru-chan panicking, Ritsu-kun self-lamenting. 

On the last stair step, I stood. No one even noticed Tohru walking into the house to chase after Ritsu-kun. She went up to him, surprising the rest of the group. 

Quivering from that height, she mustered up the courage to speak, "Because people are alive, that's why we can cry or worry--or feel joy!"

That's right. Because only the living has the privilege to feel such emotion. Only the living has a future waiting for them. 

"There's probably no reason someone worthless like me was born" (Ritsu)

"Deep down, you're probably desperately looking for that reason. Looking for it on your own!" (Tohru)

How deep those words resonated within me. Tohru-chan was a living representation of her mother. They were too similar, it was almost frightening too for me. 

"I think maybe no one is born already having a reason to be here. Because I think it might be something you need to find and decide for yourself." (Tohru)

She slipped on a roof piece and held on to the edge of the roof.

I didn't react. If she had fallen then she would not sustain serious injures nor could I touch her. Therefore, there was no meaning in moving. But, maybe, just by a little, my foot shifted toward her. 

She stood up and regained her balance and spoke, "I want to find reason within someone else"

That's right. For me who had lost my reason within Tori, I clung onto her legacy. I didn't want to let go of the sword. I didn't want to name someone else her successor, even if it meant breaking our promise... I didn't want to let go.

She inspired everyone there with her words. She smiled with the dawning sky painting the background.

From my position, I released my wings. The wings were typical angel shaped and half black and white, on opposing sides of my hair. I flew to the roof with my feathered wings, leaving trails of my feathers behind. I wanted to bring them down but I could not touch Tohru. Touching her would mean my death. 

"Rade-sensei, what are you doing here?" (Tohru)

"I don't appreciate your actions. It was utterly foolish to come up here. Do you realize how much people care for you?" (Rade)

Tohru-chan did not say anything but shook her head yes, refusing to make eye contact. It was not my intent to lecture her and make her make that kind of face.

"Rade-nii, it was not her fault" (Ritsu)

He talked back to me. The coward talked back to me. How exciting, she's changing all of the zodiacs. She's empowering them. She's helping them. What Tori could not finish, she's doing... Not me. Tohru is continuing her goal, unknowingly too.

"I don't care, who's fault it is. Ritsu-kun, your mother told me to watch you and I come and see that both of you are in danger. Do you know how I feel seeing the two of you almost get in an accident?" (Rade)

 They stood there silent. Yuki and Kyo glared at me hatefully once more. I get it. I really do. This is not my place to be.

"Tohru-chan and Ritsu-kun, I'll be leaving. Take care of yourselves and fix your own problems" (Rade)

Timeskip- with Silica 

"Was that fine?" (Silica)

"What do you mean?" (Rade)

"Your wings. Showing it to them?" (Silica)

"You realized? (Rade)

"Yeah, Shigure called to inform me. Really, you don't ever tell me about these important times" (Silica)

I shrugged. 

"Yeah, don't worry, Yuki, Kyo, and Momiji haven't figure out my animal yet. I'll still live" (Rade)

 "Wrong. Hatori said that Momiji found out when looking at your medical record" (Silica)

"When?" (Rade)

"Recently. Probably showed it to him though" (Silica)

"He really does pity me. At this rate, my curse will be the death of me." (Rade)

"That just means two left: Yuki and Kyo" (Silica)

"Indeed. If not then Tohru" (Rade)

"You won't stop will you?" (Silica)

"Nope, its already too late for me" (Rade)

I coughed a few times before leaving for my room.