Return

Narrator's POV (At Shigure's House with Kyo, Yuki, Shigure, and Tohru)

"SHIGURE! EXPLAIN EVERYTHING RIGHT DOWN!" (Yuki)

"Jeez, what's with all the screaming that's very rare of you. Aren't you known for being the cool and composed prince of your school?" (Shigure)

"That doesn't matter, I want to know more about Rade!" (Yuki)

"Ohh? No honorifics, just what kind of relationship do you guys have, come on, tell me, tell me." Shigure said while nudging Yuki's shoulder and clowning Yuki with his expression.

"He doesn't deserve one, more importantly, tell me everything you know about him!", Yuki got so worked up that he started having a coughing fit.

Shigure sensing the severity of it stopped playing around and asked Tohru to make dinner so that they could talk about it while eating. Yuki stopped coughing and had a nap and woke up in time for dinner.

"So... explain to me what happened before asking me questions." (Shigure)

Tohru being the calmest and less bias explained the situation, Shigure heard it seriously and would occasionally go deep in thought while rubbing his chin with his thumb and index finger.

"I get it. I get it. So what's the first question, I can answer?" (Shigure)

"We don't want answers, we want his backstory." (Yuki)

"That's a no can do because if I spill everything without his permission then it would be distasteful. So what are the questions" (Shigure)

It's only at these moments that he's serious (Yuki)

Surprisingly the first one to ask was Kyo, "What relationship does he have with Mayu-sensei?"

"Ohhya? Jealous?" (Shigure)

Kyo didn't respond back and only glare at him fiercely. Kyo who remain calm and didn't ease the situation made Shigure even more serious.

"I don't know." (Shigure)

"Huuh! What do mean 'I don't know' you frickin mutt" (Kyo)

"What I don't know, I don't know. Who he dates or the relations he has with others don't matter to me, not one bit" Shigure said in a bitter and interested way.

It was quiet, they had never seen Shigure act this way.

But then, Tohru mustered enough courage to ask, "Why was his last name Tori and not Sohma."

"Hmmm... Is that what he introduced himself as?" (Shigure)

"Yeah" (Tohru)

Shigure looked down and breathed in and out... He looked up and wore his goofy smile and said, "I'm not telling you. In the first place, Tohru-chan, you still haven't completed our game."

"What game?" (Tohru)

"Guessing the animals of the zodiac. If you manage to complete it then I'll tell you what I know" (Shigure)

"Ehhh, that game. I totally forgot about it." (Tohru)

"Figures, then anyone of you feel free to guess what animal Rade is," Shigure said while closing his eyes.

"If it's just that then I have a general guess," Tohru said smiling happily.

"Ohh? Let's heard it," Shigure said opening his eyes and staring at Tohru.

"It's simple... Rade-sensei is a squirrel" Tohru said with bubbly confidence.

"And you're..... wrong," he said while making an x mark with his hands, "But I am curious, how did you reach that conclusion".