Hidden Talents

You rolled over on your back. The mattress conformed to the shape of your body. The light from the windows annoyed your eyes, but there was no escaping it. You pulled the blanket over your head, but you just felt suffocated. 

You groaned as you rolled back over on your side. You opened your eyes peering into the empty apartment. What had it been this time? One day? Three days? A week? It seemed nowadays even when you used less power it took a bigger tole on you than before.

You threw the blankets off and sat up. You looked out the windows to see the bustling city. It was about noon at this time. You stood up approaching the glass and pressing your hand to it. The window was cold. You knew the air outside was cold as well. You hated the cold. It was just an extra burden, you didn't want to deal with. 

You noticed you were still wearing your parka and pants. You hair was knotted and your stomach ached. 

You made your way to the bathroom. You looked in the mirror to see a ghost. Your skin was so pale. Yes, you were a vampire, but this what paler than you had ever been. You kind of looked green. You had purple bags under your eyes, and your eyelids crisscrossed with veins. You splashed some water on your face.

You turned on the shower. You removed your old closes. Your body had started to change drastically. You had noticed it in how your clothes fit, but you never wanted to really look at yourself. Your ribs were sticking out of your skin and your knees looked bonier than before. Your body was slowly dying. You knew it was going to happen, but you didn't expect it to be like this.

You washed yourself. You were noticing a weird gray water dripping from your hair.

"What?" you reached your hand into your hair. You pulled your hand back and it was covered in a watery gray paste. You rubbed it between your fingers and gave it a sniff.

Ash.

You scrubbed at your hair watching the gray water fall down the drain. 

What is happening to me?

You wanted to cry. You were falling apart, and you weren't ready. You weren't ready to be your full potential. You were ready to die. Was it going to hurt? Will I remember who I was? You didn't want to think about it.

You dried yourself and brushed your hair. You threw on a hoodie and jeans.

Hot Chocolate?

You thought back to what happened last time you wanted hot chocolate, and it ended with you being carried home. 

Jooheon.

He probably thinks you're a total weirdo. You leaned your head against the glass windows. Maybe, you should go apologize. Maybe, say thank you. Why do you have to make things weird. I shouldn't say anything. I should ignore it. Act like it never happened. But he is my neighbor, it's not like I won't see him again.

Within a few step, you were in front of Jooheon's door. You hovered your fist above the surface of the door. You hesitated before knocking.

Hopefully he isn't home.

"Y/n?" you turned around. Jooheon was standing behind you with a coffee in one hand and a box of donuts in the other.

"Oh, hey. I was just coming by to say thank you." you rubbed the back of your neck.

"Oh, well your welcome." he gave you a big smile, "Um, can you hold this?" he handed you his coffee.

"Sure." you took it from his hand as he fished around in his pocket. He pulled out his key and opened the door.