Anchor

"So Jungkook said that you needed him?" Hong Joong said leaning back in his chair, "And you think that this is more than a dream?"

"It felt too real to be a dream. Like it was obviously a dream, but I feel like the message was real," you said scooting forward in the chair.

"We need him for your transition?" Shownu asked, "Why him out of everyone on this planet?"

"They are mates," Mingi said coldly. He was leaning up against a wall behind Hong Joong.

"Mates?" Shownu's eyes landed on you.

"Yes, me and Jungkook are bonded mates." you didn't look at him as you said it.

"Wah?" he leaned back in his chair covering his face.

"Shouldn't we be focusing on what is important?" Jooheon said bringing everyone's attention to him, "In the dream, Jungkook said that she needs him to be able to transition. Does that mean without him she will just die?"

Everyone was silent for a moment; then Hong Joong spoke up, "Well, I guess we have a vampire to find."

"You can't be serious?" Yunho jumped to his feet.

You grabbed his wrist, "Please, sit down."

"No, I'm not going to let this freak anywhere near you. You know what happened last time." Yunho snapped ripping his wrist from your hand.

"He didn't mean to," you whispered.

"What?" Yunho barked.

"He said that he didn't mean to. He would never hurt me," you whispered looking at the ground.

"Then what are those." he pointed at your scars. Your face instantly began to burn with embarrassment as everyone's eyes landed on your cheek. Your hand instantly went up to cover your face. You got up from the chair and ran from the room.

"Y/n!" you heard Yunho, but you didn't turn around. Before you knew it, you were outside running through the trees. Salty tears burned your eyes. He had never said anything about them before, and now he just talks about them like they are poisonous or something.

You heard someone running up behind you. You just ran faster. You didn't know where you were going. Branches sliced through your skin and leafs whipped your face. Your legs burned. You had never ran so fast.

You broke through the trees and your feet splashed into the lake. You were back to the giant pool of water. You fell to your knees as you took in fast deep breaths. Your chest heaved as you kneeled thigh-deep in water. You heard someone run up behind you. They stopped and were also heaving for breath.

"Y/n," the breathy voice entered your ears, "Please, don't run again. I don't think I can keep going."

"Shownu, why did you follow me?" you breathed.

"Because I needed to know that you were okay," he said splashing up beside you.

"I'm fine." you turned away from the wolf as he put your hand on your shoulder.

"Hey," he said turning you toward him, "look at me."

You looked up at the wolf. Your eyes were watery and your arms and legs slowly healed. You felt tired and weak. He pursed his lips as his eyes scanned your face. "Are you okay?" he whispered.

Your eyes started to burn as tears trailed down your cheek. You threw your arms around Shownu; burying your face in chest. "He has changed. He isn't the same man. That isn't Yunho." you cried. Shownu petted your head calmly.

"It's okay," he said sushing you.

"No, you don't know him like I know him." you cried into his chest, "When did he become so cold?"

"He is just trying to keep you safe. He is scared just like the rest of us." Shownu said, "He has the strongest bond with you, so his emotions are stronger than everyone else."

Shownu was right. Yunho was just scared. Scared of losing you. 

"He won't let Jungkook near me." you whispered, "I don't know why, but this dream seems so real and important. Like it wasn't a dream it was a message." You pushed yourself from Shownu.

"I will find him," you said getting out of the water.

"You can't do it alone." Shownu said following you, "I know you can take care of yourself, but you still need someone to cover your back."

"What are you saying? You want to come with me?" you asked.

"Maybe," he said in a nervous tone.

"Yunho would kill you." you laughed, "No chance."

"He doesn't have to know," Shownu said standing in front of you, "He is back at the house. We can leave now."

"I don't know, Shownu. I don't want you getting hurt either," you said looking up at the buff alpha.

"I can go too." you both turned and saw Jooheon walking out of the woods.

"So will I." Yunho followed the wolf. You turned away from him looking out over the lake. You took a deep breath. You didn't want all of them to come, but if you told them no, they would just come anyway.

You kicked at a stone, "Why do you want to come?" you asked Yunho without even turning to look at him.

You heard footsteps coming up behind you, "Can we speak privately?" he whispered in your ear. You nodded and followed him back into the trees leaving the wolves by the water's edge.

Yunho stopped a few yards from the treeline, "If I told you that I was sorry, would you believe me?" he asked.

"Yunho, I just-" you started.

"No, y/n I love you more than anything more than myself, and I am the sorriest man on the planet. I have not been myself, and you are right. Just the thought of losing you-" you saw a tear fall from the vampire's eye, " I can't lose you." he fell down to his knees; he held both your hands as he sobbed.

"Please, forgive me," he begged.

You kneeled down in front of him, "Yunho," the large vampire looked up at you. His eyes were red from tears, "Yunho, you are my rock. You are my anchor, but anchors can be good or bad. They can hold you in place and keep you grounded, but they can also prevent you from moving forward." you paused looking into the vampire's eyes, "Let me go."

"No, no, no." the vampire cried. You pulled your hands from his. "Please, don't leave me." he cried. He was begging on his hands and knees.

You turned away from him. You wiped a single tear from your eye. This had to happen.

The crying stopped, and you turned around. Yunho was gone leaving you alone in the trees. You felt cold. It was a weird feeling. You had never felt this emptiness before. This had to happen.

You stepped through the trees joining the two wolves, "Let's go boys."