Destiny Bonds

Two destinies crossing paths.

The glimmer of the crystal ball made her anticipate more as she awaited for the next destiny to unfold. She knew every secret and was prepared for anything. Her golden bracelets shone as she rattled her hands more, trying to catch any glimpses of unravelling secrets.

At first, it was blurry. The scene was all just a blur. A mix of random colors and misshapen shapes, all mashed together to form a moment. Her eyes furrowed. Could the crystal ball have failed? This vision of the future was odd. Confusing, actually.

Before she could conclude anything, bright lights started flashing from it. For a moment, she was amazed by the lights all flashing in synchronization. It was much to take in. Almost as mesmerizing as the moon shining amongst the stars.

Then, all of a sudden, a clear picture formed. And immediately, it all clicked in her head. She has seen this before. The lovely memories coming back to her. As the crystal ball went dim, her eyes closed shut. Reliving it all again. She could almost hear his voice whispering to her.

“ My love, Eslora... ”

The vision was not of the future but the past.

~♡~

The memories of her past life has been slowly catching up to her, in the past few years. As well as the crystal ball reminding her of it, the bittersweet encounter with the Tyrant was a blur now. She is not the same as her past self, she is not Eslora, anymore.

All the memories chasing her ever since he was sealed off from the world. Whether out of love or not, he despised her.

What's been plaguing her more is the constant reminder of their first meeting and how he'd always be brought up. That unspoken love they once had, has been affecting her lately.

It's as if, all the predictions have led up to this. As a astrologer, this might be her fate slowly unravelling itself. For her to fulfill it. It was still all a mystery. The predictions have mostly been unclear. All was left was for her was to wish upon a star.

“May it guide me forward,” She muttered, staring up at the starry night. A smile etching itself upon her face. The night sky truly does tell all. She had finally made her decision.

Perhaps, she was just being gullible. It was a crazy idea honestly. But her predictions, what she had foreseen. She believed in what she saw and it won't stop anyone from getting in her way.

Her eyes widened at the sight. The carved and chiselled out tomb of the great Tyrant, before he could truly have his power, he had been cursed and sealed. Cursed to the underworld. A fate that had not been intended, but happened as such.

The tomb had now aged with time and is now abandoned. Forbidden, in fact. No mortal could stand here, without fear. Khufra, whom was purely seemed as a cruel ruler of a ancient army, his deathbed is here.

It has been quite awhile since she had last chanted the words. All spurred together to form a ancient language. Old but not forgotten, yet. She had to take in reality first, the Western Desert has now been long deserted if anything. The city which once seemed fable, did exist.

As she spoke in that unusual tongue, the shifting of the tiles on the tomb slowly unravelled a secret that even she wished to forget. After all those years, she's back. To face the Tyrant, Khufra.

All she had hoped for was to just seal him off in this tomb but as it wasn't intended, he was cursed to the underworld. It appears it is finally time to join him there.

That seemingly endless, empty space held all the keys to the cosmic unknowns. But even a astrologer like herself, knew it was a great risk. One that would not be worth it if they don't make it back.

She couldn't feel her feet anymore. She couldn't sense the atmosphere around her. She couldn't think properly. As she slowly drifted away from reality to meet her one, true love.

"Eslora—?"

His voice was raspy, and he seemed tired, too. A smile graced her lips as she slowly descended down to join him. His hand reached out, instinctively, towards her. The contact was enough to send shivers down him. Years of being isolated and she of all people, would be the first to greet him.

"Why, why are you here—!?" His voice raised slightly, the hatred inside him was starting to boil.

She grabbed both his hands tightly. The warmth emitting off of him somehow comforted her despite everything. Letting a calming silence to ensue as she stood still, looking down on their intertwined hands.

"Fate called upon me and brought me here," she chuckled lightly, knowing that he had always hated her predictions of the future, claiming them as just superstition.

His expression remained firm as he looked down on her, her gentle figure and captivating smile. It always soothed him and he decided not to interrupt her moment.

The astrologer placed her head on his chest, the beating of his heart was a melody. His cold, twisted heart had calmed itself down throughout the past few years. She could see it now. The man she loved is still there.

"I knew my beacon was right," she reminded him, "Khufra, I'm not Eslora anymore. I'm her reincarnation, remember? But I'm giving up everything for you again. Don't let the past hide the fact that I still love you, even I find that hard to believe sometimes." She stopped herself and diverted herself back to the main topic, "My betrayal was for your own good." Her soothing tone was enough to keep the Tyrant calm alongside her smile, it always seems to make the Tyrant's heart flutter, despite everything. Almost like a hex.

He nodded slightly, somewhat understanding the decision. As he embraced her gently, recollecting the memories of the past. He tried to hide the small smile he was forming from her.

"Our fate has been sealed, my love."

~♡~

Here's a Khuf x Esme oneshot that I rarely see on Wattpad which is kinda disappointing. (I find their love story interesting x3) So I tried writing a sort of conclusion for their story.

It's rushed as always. I always try to rush oneshots though I will try to edit them in the future.