Too Pretty To Function

Her perfect porcelain doll-like face, her cute, petite figure. The lovely pink highlight on her lips, complimenting her polished, clean features which radiated her beauty. Most people overlooked them but he had always admired them.

The mage genius had exceeded his own expectations this time. She looked perfect, exactly the same as before! One of his greatest inventions yet, the love of his life brought back to life.

His hand gently carrased her cheek as she stared at her eyes, the emerald, green glint emitting despite her eyes being half opened. A smile graced his lips. At the very moment and for a very few seconds, she looked as if she was alive.

Taking a few steps back. Inhaling, exhaling, coughing. The fatigue he's had for the past few weeks has been catching up to him. Not many breaks has been taken ever since he started this project. His squad members preferred to leave him alone, scared of the emotional outbreak he'll throw if they spoke of where his sanity has been.

Still grieving over her unexpected demise. The VENOM squad may have won but they lost more than they could've bargained for— but there was a chance for him to bring it all back. The amount of potential this had, was undeniable. The closest he's ever gotten.

“Commence the experiment,” he demanded his AI as he watched the cables around her detached. The dim-litted room now flashing with lights.

“ Project ; Angel , Experiment #37. Now commencing within a few moments. ”

His eyes watered slightly as he watched her face, precisely. Awaiting for any movement, or just anything. He flinched slightly as her eyes closed shut. Nothing else happened for a few seconds.

And then, her hands moved, uncrossing themselves. Her entire body gently being descended to the ground. As her legs adjusted themselves to stand firmly on the ground. Her mouth opening slightly as her eyes remained shut.

“Angela...?”

For a moment, her head perked up, facing him. And her eyes opened wide enough, for him to take in her glowing, emerald eyes. As he stared intently at her, lost at words. Whilst her gaze was plain, indifferent, she seemed different.

Within a few seconds, her eyes closed shut, her hands were crossed again. Her entire figure being lifted up again as all the cables once again attached to her. His vision went blurred for a few seconds as he stumbled back. The faint sound of a alarm could be registered in his mind.

“ Project ; Angel , Experiment #37. Overheating, circuits are starting to spark. Project is being damaged. Would— ”

“Don't hurt her!” He commanded, as a desperate plea, “Shut down the experiment, shut down all equipment!” He wiped his eyes as he watched all of it returning to their original state. As if nothing happened and all efforts has been wasted.

“ What would you like to deem this experiment, Master Harley? Failure or unfinished? ”

The mage genius looked down at his feet, holding back his choked sobs. Nodding to himself, “Failure, move onto Experiment #38.”

“ Registered. Project ; Angel, Experiment #37 : Failure. Now proceeding to Project ; Angel , Experiment #38. ”

He sighed as he looked up at her. Her pretty features weren't enough to function. He never understood how Dr Rooney did it. His circuiting wasn't very good. Generally, he just focused more on her looks, trying to perfect it, but when it came down to her heart, Harley Vance didn't know how to pull her heart strings the right way. Like how she did to him.

~♡~

Personally, I'm a big fan of HarGela. And I love them more now that they both have venom skins uwu. The idea just came to me randomly, I love mad scientists. The ending still needs some minor tweaks but overall the story is meant to be a short.