2 | Dreams Shall Blossom

"...we spent many days, together,
and as the more I got to know you,
the bond we had grew..."

"Ash Blossom?"

Guinevere called out, carrying her school books. As she approached the lake, checking the water for any ripples. She stood there, puzzled, for a moment once she realized that the current wasn't moving rapidly.

In fact, the whole place was silent, only the sound of the stream could be heard, moving in a normal pace. Her gaze was fixated on the lake, watching for any abnormalities.

"I'm not in the lake."

The Baroque quickly turned around once she heard the sound of her voice. And as expected, stood the forest spirit before her. She sighed, relaxed by the presence of Ash Blossom.

"There you are," despite being slightly annoyed, Guinevere still couldn't help but smile once she saw the petite lass, "I need help with school work. You wouldn't mind, would you?" She requested despite knowing the fact that Ash Blossom always helps her.

The maiden, as expected, nodded to the request. Without a moment's hesitation, she grabbed all of Guinevere's books and placed them down. Giving the Baroque a motion to sit down.

"Eh? I could've done that myself." Guinevere sat down reluctantly as she pouted whilst looking at the lass.

Ash Blossom simply giggled lightly, "Is it really that big of a deal if I offer you my help?" She was quite contented with Guinevere's snobby attitude, it was amusing to hear her comments.

"No, it's not but I'm more or less independent. I prefer if I do it myself," she admitted grudgingly, normally the Baroque doesn't like growing attach to people, aside from her family, but the young lass always seems to cheer her up.

Ash Blossom grinned and nodded, "I can respect that but it's okay to receive help from time to time," her eyes softened, "I care about you, Guinevere." Immediately, she picked up one of her textbooks and offered it to her, "You're struggling with this subject, right?"

The Baroque nodded, "Yes, but how did you know-" She stopped once the lass shrugged.

"Lucky guess," she stated as she searched through Guinevere's bag, "You're also in luck since I'm quite good when it comes to magic."

Guinevere snorted, "Really, huh? I've never seen you perform a single spell before. You sure about that?" She questioned her with suspicion.

Ash Blossom nodded, "Don't doubt me, m'lady." She handed her a pencil, "Do you practice your magic often?" She asked, trying to direct the conversation back to the main topic.

The Baroque nodded quickly, a small sneer forming on her face, "Of course. Ask my brother. He's like my guinea pig when it comes to experiments!" A gleeful look could be deciphered on her face. Normally, Guinevere doesn't get too happy or excited but when she does, it's a pleasent sight.

Ash Blossom nodded, confused by the overall excitement, but she stuck with the flow and was just as happy as Guinevere. "That sounds great, Guinevere. So, what have you achieved so far in your experiments?" She questioned further on, pleased with the pace their going.

"Nothing fantastic," the Baroque sighed as she looked down, tapping her pencil gently against the grass, "The most was when I was able to lift objects up in the air, for a few seconds."

Ash Blossom gave her a ecstatic nod, "That's actually quite impressive. You already seem to be a great mage-"

The lass stopped once she noticed the Baroque's head droop down with gloom, "What seems to be the problem, Guin?" She asked, her own smile diminished.