The Portrait Page

This is a brand new page, hot off the presses. I finished this page about two days, which I'm pretty proud of.

Apart from the top left corner, which is a concept sketch for Mei Zhao, a character from my MCU stories, the rest of this page is completely sketches of people from my school

A few of them are teachers (around the bottom of the page), but the rest are classmates. The reason for the highlighters is that we recently had a fundraiser day where we all wore high-visibility clothes for reasons, and it just happened to be the day I was drawing this.

I don't know what to say about the rest, other than the one where a friend of mine "borrowed" two bowler hats from the drama department to look "extra fancy".  The rest were just done as I sat in the pack of the class, listing to the Heathers musical soundtrack for the first time and watching my high school turn into an actual teen drama. Coming soon to the CW.

I've also noticed that I've started to drift into a more stylised cartoonish style, so I did some experimenting trying both really cartoony and more still-life type realistic styles. It's getting there. I'm still deciding which style I prefer.

That's about it for now I guess. I've got another page that's about half done, so I'll probably post that soon.

Cheers.