Part 4||Chapter 3

💜Don't forget to vote💜

Later that night...

Jada unlocked the front door and was met with darkness. It was only 8 so she was confused.
"Elijah?" She called out as she set the alarm. He didn't answer. She made her way towards the kitchen flicking on a few lights. She put away her leftover lunch in the fridge and made her way upstairs. She walked into their room which was also dark but a little light peeked from the closet. She noticed Elijah standing by the window just staring outside. She sat her purse on the bed before slowly walking towards him. She looked out the window and there was nothing but darkness.

"Elijah...what are you doing...you ok" she asked as she squeezed herself in front of him and the window he was standing in front of. He didn't say anything.
"Heyy" she lowly said as she hugged his waist. Elijah looked down at her.
"I can't do this shit" He mumbled. Jada's heart started beating fast.
"You can't do what?" She asked. She was thinking he was about to break up with her.
"Liza...I can't with her...I don't know shit about raising no fucking teen" he sighed.

"Calm down." Jada told him.
"Nah....I've been good to her. I get her every fucking thing she wants, everything. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt thinking she changed...but I guess that shit was a front..." he paused.
"Her mouth been crazy. Talking back, fucking cursing...she got a big ass hickey on her fucking neck talking bout she burnt herself...and the fucking school called saying she ain't been to school in a week" he said. Jada's eyes widened.
"She gonna have CPS knocking on my fucking door asking questions and shit" he said.
"Oh my gosh...Wow" Jada slightly shook her head.

"I wanna give up on her...but my heart won't let me" He said as he turned away from Jada. She quickly Jada grabbed his hand because he voice cracked.
"I just want her to do what she's suppose to do you know." He said. Jada nodded.
"I know...you want me to talk to her?" Jada asked. He shrugged.
"It's up to you" He said as he walked back towards the bed. He removed his shirt before sitting on the edge of the bed.
"I'll talk to her...what time JoJo went to sleep?" She asked.
"Like an hour ago" he said. Jada nodded.
"I love you. You look tired, go to sleep. I'm about to go talk to her" she said kissing his lips repeatedly.

"I love you too...I am tired. How was your day?" He asked. Jada shrugged.
"Same shit different day" she smiled. Elijah chuckled.
"I be back in a little" She said walking towards the door.
"Aye..." he called out. Jada looked over her shoulder at him.
"If she start getting smart come get me" he said.
"Ok.." Jada nodded as she closed the door behind her. She went across the hall to check on JoJo. He was knocked out in his peppa pig pajamas.
"My babyyyy. I luh you" Jada said in a baby voice making herself smile as she caressed his cheek.

***

"Liza?" Jada softly said as she gently knocked. It was silence for a few seconds.
"Yea? Come in" Liza said. Jada opened the door and peeked her head in before fully coming in.
"Hey.." Jada lowly said as she closed the door.
"Hey" Liza said with a small smile as she closed her textbook.

"You doing your homework?" Jada asked as she sat on the edge of Liza's bed. Liza looked at her than back at the text book.
"Yea" Liza said as she tossed the book on her fluffy chair. Jada nodded as her eyes scanned Liza's room.
"He sent you in here didn't he?" Liza said with a raised eyebrow.
"No, I sent myself in here. I wanted to talk to you about something" Jada said. Liza slightly huffed as she flipped her head over to put her hair in a top messy bun.