~Coffee~ (Diego Brando)

I let out a loud yawn and curl into a small ball in my plush bed. I try to go back to bed but the aroma of coffee kept me from doing so. I try to ignore it but it just seems so enticing. Wait. Who on Earth could possibly be making coffee?

I immediately hop out of bed in an oversized shirt and black shorts with white ankle cut socks. Walking down the hall with a messy bun I put my hair into, I peek my head around the corner to view the kitchen.

A feeling of relief rolled down my body. I had completely forgotten. I had let my good friend, Diego Brando, stay on my couch the previous night.

(Flashback to last night)

'Ding!' It was the sound of my doorbell. I hurried down the hall and told the person at the door to wait. I looked through the peephole, opened the door, and greeted the person on the other side with a smile. I was always happy to see Diego but I've been busy lately and could never find a time that worked with his schedule.

Diego didn't smile back at me. He just stood there silently. He suddenly threw his arms around my neck and pulled me into his chest for a long hug. Diego was never a touchy person so it threw me off guard. We came out of the hug and looked up to see him, eyes a bit puffy.
"Are you okay?" He averted his gaze from mine and looked down.
"I know this is sudden and you weren't expecting company but, could I stay the night here?" Diego's cheeks immediately tinted pink after saying that. 'The Diego Brando asking for my help? Or just asking for help in general?'

Diego never asked for help even when he needed it. His prideful personality and big ego never would let him. But if he's asking for help then something must be really wrong. I decide not to press it and invite him in. Diego looked back at me. He opened his mouth as if he was going to say something. Yet nothing came out. I had a feeling that he wanted to thank me but couldn't. As much of a douche as Diego may seem, he still has a sweet side.

"You can take a seat right there on the couch." I pointed to a brown sofa with a knitted blanket on the back and a few pillows on either side. "I'm just gonna go grab some blankets and stuff." You were never gonna make Diego take the couch. You were only getting this stuff for yourself and just wanted to give him a place to sit as you did just that.

I came back out to see the man already snoozing on the couch. He was curled up in a ball and even for being as muscular as he is, it was pretty damn cute. Diego knew he was vulnerable when he was sleeping. I mean, you are unconscious basically. So that means that Diego had trust in you, although he would never verbally show it, his actions said it perfectly.

I walked over to him, blanket in hand. I laid it over his body hoping it would keep him warm through the night. I couldn't explain my next action but it just felt right. I gave Diego a little hug and kissed him on the forehead. He put on an annoyed expression. I guess he wasn't fully asleep. I immediately turned red realizing that he knew what I just did. He opened his eyes slowly and looked to my blushing face. His annoyed expression softened up a little as he met my eyes.
"I-I was just getting you a blanket so you wouldn't be cold..." I stammer on my words and it turned into a whisper at the end of my sentence.
"Hmph" Diego gave me somewhat of a pout and flipped over to his other side away from me. Although I could see his cheeks dust pink even though he was turned over. He let out a small "Thank you, (y/n)." It was barely audible and I don't think he intended for me to hear it but I did. The blush on my face was pretty much gone and I smiled as I turned back around heading to my room. I stopped before going down the hall and spun my head around to the sleeping figure.
"Goodnight, Diego." I then continued to my room and attempted to sleep. It was kinda difficult because I still had yet to know what made Diego so upset but I would wait until he was ready to say something about it. Although Diego was just a friend, he always gave me butterflies. Maybe it was his looks, he was extremely attractive, or maybe it was his incredible charm. It didn't matter now. I have time to think about it later and not when I'm about to all asleep.

(Present)

"Look who's finally awake." Diego says as he pours a second cup of coffee.
"Aww did you miss me?" I tease. Diego gives me a glare out of the corner out of his eye. "I'm kidding. Anyways, why'd you pour two cups of coffee? You could've just used the same cup." Diego looks at me, then at the cup, then back to me. He then sits at the dining table with his head resting on his hand. It suddenly occurred that he poured it for me. Diego sips on a coffee.
"It's for you. But then again, you never were the brightest, (y/n)." He rolls his eyes as he take another sip.
"Thank you, Diego!" I shoot him a bright smile.
"Hmph" He then looks away as his cheeks redden.

Diego was always stubborn. So getting help or helping others was something he tried to refrain from. But if he were to help or ask for assistance, it seemed he would come to you first. You snapped back into reality when Diego called out your name.
"(Y/n)!"
"H-huh?"
"What were you doing staring out the window? I called your name but you wouldn't answer." You could tell he was getting upset but it was nothing to be concerned about.
"Oh, I was just thinking rather or not I should do this or not." Diego raised an eyebrow at your response.
"Do what?" You set down your cup and threw your arms around his neck. He was obviously caught off guard by this but recovered easily. You could've swore he was gonna push you off or tell you to get off. That was until you felt his arms return your gesture as they wrapped around your torso.
"Thank you, Diego." You spoke softly to him. There was suddenly a warm feeling on your forehead. It was Diego. He pressed his lips onto your forehead then pulled back. It didn't take you long before your cheeks flushed red. He shot you a smug, cocky smirk. He put his chin in his hand as you sat back down.

Diego took another sip but, before he did you saw the smug grin turn into a soft smile. Seeing that also put a gentle smile to your face. After finishing your morning coffee and chitchatting you could finally explain it. You could explain the reason why you got butterflies whenever you were with Diego. As stubborn as he is, you still had feelings. You knew it. You fell in love with the genius jockey, Diego Brando.

-_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_-

A/N
If you read this I just want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to do so. I've never written a fanfic so I was always scared to try. Still am scared to post this cause I realize how shit it is. I don't feel like proof reading this cause I'm gonna cringe a lot so feel free to correct my grammar, spelling, sentence fluency(which I'm awful at), etc.
I started in first person but then it sounded off so I started changing it to second person but then the sentences sounded like more shit than they already are. I'm unsure of which would be better to use. I'll probably do second from now on. Maybe. But I didn't fix it cause I'd have to go back and rework a lot of the sentences.
Anyways moving away from that. I personally think the writing quality increases the further you go down. If I am right that's most likely cause I wrote the beginning when it was late at night and right before bed after doing my school assignments. And then continued it in the morning and finished right after school. It might be a while till I update cause I don't want to force writing because then it just is complete and utter shit. So I probably won't make another till I find an inspiration where I can picture it in my head. And the only writing I've ever done is for school so... Anyways thanks! Hope to see you in the next one if there is a next one. Also respect to the people who update on here frequently like what the fricc. How?