~With You~ (Jobin Higashikata)

"Jobin, how are you ever going to run the fruit parlor if you spend all your time out?"
     "Don't worry Dad! Life is meant to be fun so I have to make the best of everyday!"
     "But someone has to do it! And I don't think Joshu would be able to handle it."
     "I will run it, but right now it's time to have fun! Later Dad!" Jobin then turned away from Norisuke to turn to you. You gave him a small smile and you two left the Higashikata property.

     "Sooooo, what was that about?"
     "Oh, well my Dad doesn't think I'll be able to take over the family business if I don't go to work with him and learn."
     "Well we can always hang out later?" You didn't like saying that sentence. You really liked hanging out with Jobin, as a friend. But you'd also feel bad if you were sacrificing his future to spend time with him.
     "No, hanging out now is better!"
     "Well, if you say so. On that note, anywhere we going in particular?" Jobin just shrugged his shoulders and kept walking.

     That's how Jobin always was. He seemed completely carefree which surprised you for sure, considering what happened in his childhood. However, you were just glad you got to spend time with Jobin the way he is. Platonically, of course. Although, you did find him really attractive. His hair was so soft and fell perfectly in place. And the soft look he gave you when he met your (e/c) eyes. As well as th-

     "(Y/n)?" Jobin had stopped walking and instead was turned to face you. "Are you ill? You just kind of seemed to stop working."
     "Hmm? Oh. No, I just spaced out I guess."
     "Anyways, I asked if you wanted to go to the pet shop?"
     "What? Why?"
     "Cause they can let you choose a pett and spend time with it. And I know you really like cats."
     "I totally forgot that was a thing. Hell yeah! But I know you love your beetles so we'll definitely check those out!"
     "Thanks, (Y/n)!" You have gave him a nod of affirmation before starting your way to the mall, where the pet store was located.

     "Hey, Jobin?"
     "Yes, (y/n)?"
     "What's that thing you always say?"
     "I say a lot of things."
     "But like the one about summer vacations or something?"
     "Oh. You mean 'Everyday is a summer vacation'?"
     "Yeah, that one."
     "What about it?"
     "I mean, do you really believe it? That everyday is a summer vacation?"
     "If I didn't believe that it was true I wouldn't say it so much."
     "Yeah, I guess you're right."
     "What made you think of that to begin with? It was kinda out of the blue."
     "Oh, umm... I don't know."

     The truth was you did know. You wanted to tell Jobin but you clammed up. So, maybe, just possibly, you thought about Jobin just slightly more than platonically. And maybe, he makes everyday feel like a summer vacation. And perhaps you wanted to tell him this. But you didn't. So, in reality, you really liked Jobin. But not sure if he'd feel the same way...

     "Hm. It just seemed like you had something in your mind. Anyways, ready to go choose a cat to play with?"
     "Uhh sure. But Jobin?"
     "Yes?"
     "Can I tell you something?"
     "You can tell me anything, (Y/n)."
     "But preferably in private."
     "Of course." Without thinking, you grabbed his wrist and took him to a section of the mall that held a lot of the closed down stores.

     "Alright, what'd you need to tell me?"
     "Well, you're my best friend Jobin. And when I see you smile, I smile. When you're sad, I'm sad. Every time I see you, I can't help but get butterflies. I love every moment I spend with you," You're face was flushed a rosy pink as you continued, unable to make eye contact. "And there's a reason I asked about your phrase on how everyday is a summer vacation. It's because... It's because that's how you make me feel. I understand if you don't feel the same way and you probably don-"
     "(Y/n), you can stop there. I don't need to hear anymore," Once you heard that, you felt your heart ache. Maybe you should've kept your mouth shut. "Because I know that same exact feeling. It's exactly how I feel when I'm with you."
     "Really?"
     "Of course. I'd never lie to you." He pulled you into his warm embrace and set his chin atop of your head. "Every day is a summer vacation when I'm with you."

-_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_-

A/N

     Hey, thanks for reading this Jobin fic. Sorry it's horrible but I can't write Jobin's personality because I feel like it has to do a lot with family and stuff. And I'm also writing for teen Jobin which we saw like 3 panels of. I know a lot of people on here haven't read part 8 or aren't caught up so I left out spoilers. Sorry it was shitty but it's been sitting in my drafts for god knows how long. So I finished it. See you later gamers.