Chapter 2

i got excited and wrote the second chapter, but ik yall don't mind so🤪

now off to catch up on some books and write irregular and humane🕺🏾

vote, comment, and enjoy my luvs💕

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰〗══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

"Where the fuck were you last night you trick ass bitch?!" The gruff voice slurred, the words booming throughout the house.

"Where the fuck was I?! Where were...you, you ugly ass nigga?!" Another said, this time the voice softer but still filled with just as much malice, stumbling through their own words.

In the bedroom just next door, sat a child who looked to be no older than four, covering their ears and desperately wishing for the noise to stop. The little boy was not only tired, but also confused.

Why were they fighting?

They never fought before.

Maybe...if he just waited a little, they'll stop.

But the constant screaming back and forth only grew louder and louder, and then turned into hard thuds and crashes, only keeping the boy awake further.

Then he got an idea.

If he goes and asks them to stop, maybe they'll stop fighting, and he can go to sleep?

So the little boy grabbed his raggedy stuffed monkey, and scooted off the mattress on the floor that was his bed and walked to the door, standing up on his tippy toes to turn the knob. Walking out into the hallway, he turned left, and knocked on the door where the others were. Not even a couple seconds later, the door swung open, a harsh light hitting the boy's face.

"Can you stop fightin' pretty pwease?" He asked, not seeing anyone, but he knew they were inside the room. "I'm tired and I wanna go to sleep."

"...Look at this lil shit. I told you we shoulda got rid of him."

"Go back to yo room before I snap yo'fuckin' neck, you lil nosey ass brat!"

"Huh-"

The figures themselves were blurry, but he was suddenly able to make out large hands that reached out to try and grab him, coming closer and closer. Around him, it seemed like the room was getting smaller by the second, closing in on him, making it impossible for him to escape.

Then the little boy felt himself get grabbed, the figures tossing him around, kicking, punching, and slapping him. He was thrown to the ground, one set of hands squeezing harshly around his neck and the small child weakly watched a shoe come up and a shadow loom over him. The foot was quickly being brought down and then-

Johnathan snapped awake when he felt pressure at his neck, body in a sharp cold sweat and his breaths harsh, his own hands quickly coming up to check if those long fingers were still around him. He took a couple of deep breaths, eventually calming down when he realized that they weren't, and that it was all just another nightmare.

When he checked the time on his phone, realizing that he only managed to get a hour of sleep, he sighed and rubbed at his eyes, but he wasn't surprised. He looked over at his table lamp, glaring at the bottle of melatonin that stared back at him, before grabbing it and chucking it at the wall in annoyance.

Knowing that he wasn't going to go back to sleep any time soon no matter how hard he tried to, he grabbed his phone and its charger and got up, shuffling out his room going downstairs to where the guys were. Kentrell and Joe were playing video games infront of the tv, Sheyaa nowhere to be seen.