my lies

fezco

i had some knowledge on who was following ryder, but i wanted to be sure before i started jumping to conclusions.

"what're you doing?" ryder asked.

i looked up from my phone to see her eating my french fries. "bro, you ate mine and yours!" i wasn't that upset because i wasn't going to eat them but she didn't need to know that.

"are y'all ready yet?" ashtray wanted to get something but wanted it to be a secret.

"yeah just lemme go to the restroom."

two minutes went by.

five minutes went by.

damn near ten minutes had went by before she came out.

"sorry! it's the stomach virus." she slightly wiped her mouth. "stomach virus my ass, girl. come on." i pulled her by the waist and made our way to the exit.

"can you drop me off at my friends house?" ashtray asked from the backseat. "what friend?" ryder responded.

he couldn't say anything. i'm starting to think he has a girlfriend, but i didn't want to embarrass him or anything so i dropped him off on the way home.

"finally!" ryder exclaimed running up the stairs to our apartment. "what's wrong?" i shouted from the bottom step.

she didn't say anything.

everyone's been acting real fucking funny lately.

i felt my phone vibrate.

unknown: he's back in the country. came back about two months ago.

fezco: any family?

unknown: mom, dad and little brother.

i deleted the messages and looked for ryder. i tried opening the bathroom door but it was locked. "ry, mamas you good?"

the door flew open and she dashed past me. "yeah baby, come on i wanna show you something." she wiped her nose and pulled out her laptop.

"i get my diploma in two months and i walk the stage in five." she was beyond happy.

"baby, i'm so fucking proud of you." i hugged her tight giving her unlimited amount of kisses. "i have a few sells back home." i told her.

"you know it's not safe there, fez. michael does not lie and i cannot have you dead."

i looked at her with a smile on my face.

"dude, i love you." i said.

"i love you too, but i'm coming with you. if you die, i die." she giggled. i knew she was all buff, but it was cute that she at least said it.

"i think it would be best if you stayed home. i can't have you getting all sick on me." i rubbed her hair and started getting ready to go.

my backpack and shit was already in the car, "alright baby i'll be back, but if not..." i kissed her once more so she'll know i'm coming back. "be careful fez, seriously."

i got in my car, "let's go see wassup with this shit." i said out loud to myself starting the drive.

i watched carefully as the man, woman and young boy walked inside their mansion. my heart was beating fast. it wasn't because i was scared but he triggered me.

after hours of just watching another vehicle pulled up. i watched closely at the boy and i was right he had been the one following ryder.

same vehicle and same color.

"bro got me fucked up." i mumbled slowly driving away. i probably should of shot the shit up, but my main goal was to be lowkey.

i did a couple rounds of seeing a few old customers including rue, but that was an accident.

"i see you've moved on and continuing with your lies with her, fezco." rue slurred falling down on the side of the street.

"look rue, lemme take you home." i tried lifting her up she just didn't budge. "gonna lie about that too? you're going to get her killed." she exclaimed.

although she was completely fucked up rue was telling the truth.

my lies were going to get her caught up and the possibility of dying.

"fuck rue, what do i do?" i dropped down next to her.

"tell her the truth and get the fuck out of here. you know he's g-going to come for you." i waited before saying anything just since i didn't know what to say.

i looked over and she was passed out next to me. i took her home and stayed with her because i was beyond tired. i cut my phone off and just thought about keeping ryder safe.