no named city

"we're in the middle of no where." ashtray complained looking at the house we stood in front of.

i grabbed my things and looked for the key underneath the welcome mat.

"but do you think they'll find us here?" i asked.

"nah, i hope not." ashtray added.

things were even more complicated with me finding out i was pregnant even though i did indeed have a stomach virus, but with fezco dropping us off like a care package to a random country in a no named city things were worse.

i looked at my room that was completely plain and just not my style.

all for fezco though, right?

apparently fez's dad hired a hitman to kill him and his mom when he was younger. his dad started a new, better drug dealing life with his mistress.

his mom died, but fez survived. ashtray said that it was a really traumatic situation and the only reason he wasn't involved was because their dad didn't think he was his child.

their dad came back in town with his wife and kids to finish the job.

he wasn't sure why after all this time he came back so someone probably sent in a tip. i'm guessing michael, but i hope i'm wrong.

"yo, ryder! fez is pissed." ashtray looked at me nervously. "for what?" my attitude was on 100.

i finally turned my phone up and it started to freeze up by all the messages i missed.

majority of them was him cussing me out for not telling him about the pregnancy before i left.

i giggled.

i wasn't ready to talk about it. i was mainly the type to ignore the problem and i know this is something i can't ignore for long.

but as for today? i will be.

i examined the rest of the house. it was literally so regular and basic so maybe i did have a bougie taste bud for things.

"wanna know something?" i told ashtray. "i never wanted a child. truthfully, i'm not really happy about this whole thing. maybe i should get-"

"no!" ashtray interrupted. "fez wants this with you. i know he does, but just give him some time."

"time?" i was so confused. he had all the time in the world to let me know about his father, but i was timed on telling him i was pregnant?

hell, i didn't even know up until a couple days ago.

"promise me something?" ashtray began, "please keep the baby. i'll man up until fezco can be there just give him the chance. he has this shit going on with his dad, but he has a right to be a good one."

i thought about it for awhile and i knew he was just speaking the truth.

"we can go explore the downtown city tomorrow if you want?" i suggested since we had nothing else better to do.

"different time zone don't forget." he reminded me.

i went back to my room for a small nap as if i didn't sleep enough on the plane.

fez: ryder? i know i blew your phone
up but please just first lmk your okay.

ry: fine, i'm okay.

fez: stop with the attitude baby i'm
tryna be calm rn

ry: calm? try leaving your life a
second time to find out your a
parent to be and you have to do
it by yourself.

he wasted no time into calling me. i didn't want to answer. i'm also happy i wasn't required to answer unless he was going to bring his happy ass to where we were.

i knew he wouldn't have risked it.

"wake up, come on." i was shook side to side until my eyes opened. "it's tomorrow already?" i freaked out.

"you slept for four hours making it tomorrow."

i raised up squinting my eyes from the bright sun peaking from the light gray colored curtains.

"leave so i can change please." i laughed because he was looking at himself in my mirror. once he left i locked the door and rushed to the bathroom to puke.

i was not going to get used to this. ever.

ry: well it's morning time here so
i'm taking ashtray downtown to
explore.

fez called again and this time i answered.

"ryder, look i'm sorry. i love you and please i'll be there with you just give me some time. that's all i need okay? i'm going to be a great father i promise." he spoke through the phone.

i had to get used to that.

he spoke more about other things, but my heart was too upset to pay really good attention. "i love you too, fezco. goodnight!"

i hung up and cried a little.

i never knew just one person can change your life forever. now i guess they'll be two people to change that.

i cleaned up and changed to see ashtray bouncing off the walls in the living room, "damn you're the opposite of fezco, c'mon let's go."