friend zone

fezco

i told her about me killing my father as she patched my gunshot wound. it wasn't bad, but i was scrapped which explained the bleeding. things sounded so much more twisted when i said it.

ryder placed the first aid kit in her cabinet. i saw her belly and smiled, "boy right?" i asked although she had already told me.

she walked away, "yes." she replied dryly.

i expected this, but she needed to know it was a mistake. "so?" she was across from me in the kitchen and i was across on a barstool at the island.

"listen, ry. rue was a mistake okay? i was at a lost place in my life you need to know that it wasn't intentional." my words went through one ear and out of the other.

"you killed your family, you fucked rue and on top of that went missing. were you even going to tell me that you cheated?"

of course ashtray walked in to hear.

"what's up man?" i greeted him with a hug. "can we talk?" he asked. "yeah, yeah cmon." he had grown over the time i hadn't seen him.

i turned to look back at ryder all she did was roll her eyes and walked outside. i'd ask her where she was headed but it was no use.

i walked in his room to see how different it was. "i missed you." i hugged him once more. "why did you cheat on ryder?" he looked me so deeply like he felt her pain too.

"it was an accid-"

"no, why did you cheat on ryder? be real with me man. she loves you and you know her story. on top of that you got her pregnant and left her high and dry."

"i don't know man being honest. i guess i was lonely and didn't feel anything because she wasn't around. i know it's not an excuse, but it's why." i admitted.

it sounded much more disgusting saying it out loud instead of just thinking it.

"she doesn't want you back so don't even try. you might as well leave we're gonna move and i'm going  with her." ashtray told me seriously meaning every single word.

"leaving? to go where?" i questioned.

"does it even matter to you? you hurt the both of us might as well leave before you make things worse."

his words hurt but i knew he just wanted me to feel how they feel.

i walked away to go look for ryder.

she was a few houses down petting a dog that was on a leash. the guy who was holding the dog was smiling so hard at her. it's like he had seen sunlight after being in the dark.

ryder had that affect.

i walked over to the both of them with a frown on my face because i didn't have the right to be upset or jump to conclusions.

"hey, baby? can we talk?" i spoke up.

he looked at me and his smile went away, so did hers.

"axel this is my friend, fezco. fez this is axe." she nervously placed her hands in her back pocket after friend zoning me.