C3P8 - From the rubble

"Anyways." Fetch said, quieting them down.

"Lie's ability was gravity. He could decrease the amount in a certain area in front of him, increase it, or simply toggle it on or off. It was pretty cool actually: not one night in the five years I knew him, did he actually sleep in a bed. When he slept in his cell would simply float above the covers, droplets of his own slobber suspended mid-air with him as if time had frozen as it had begun to rain."

Dusk shook his head lightly.

"Why didn't you tell us any of this?!" The wolf begged.

"Well, I told Rust everything I knew as well. And... after he got targeted... I didn't want to take any chances. Not even when I knew you guys well enough to trust you with this." Fetch said with a sigh.

Grace rubbed her temples. Her parents had raised her to be a fair and logical woman. And in the situation of a fur talking about how he killed his dad and then lived in a lab where furs had superpowers, was really fucking with her head.

There were only three options with Fetch

1. He was lying his tail off

2. He was bat-shit crazy

3. Somehow, in some strange world... this crazy dog was actually telling the truth.

And, although it quarrelled with her to admit, she was beginning to go for the third. She didn't take him for a liar, and if she was honest he was the sanest person out of all of them.

"Wait, so..."

Fetch's ears pricked up, and he turned his head to face her.

It occurred to her than just how insanely blue his eyes were... calling them 'blue' almost seemed like an insult. It was like two electric circuits, pulsing with uncontrolled power.

"So if the furless girl could control imaginations, and Lie could control gravity... then..."

"What is it I control?"

Grace nodded hesitantly. She became aware that her heart was beating at a quickened pace - she was nervous to hear the answer. But then again, she simply had to know.

Another brief silence. This time, birds were chirping. And with the light in the atmosphere, there was general happiness in the air. They could all hear primary school pups making Smalltalk as they walked across roads at the edge of the park, on their ways to school, beautifully oblivious to the group of Skimmer's merely a few yards away... a group of Skimmer's who would save the world.

Fetch smiled, and he looked at Dusk for a second.

"I think I control time. I've made it slow down a while back... and this one time in the hospital I made everything freeze for a quarter of an hour, and I ended up saving these two" He gestured to Dusk and Kevin. "And, on top of that, I can switch bodies with someone... like, take them over, in a way."

Kevin clapped his paws together, making wild-gestures all over the place.

"I knew it!" He yelled out with a laugh, "That's why Mike crashed through a window and broke his leg! Ahh!!! I'm not crazy!!!"

Dusk grinned.

"I'm not too convinced."

Everyone shared a brief laugh, and finally, all tension was off the table.

Kevin looked down at the needle.

"So, we up for another spin?"

All of Twig, Fetch, Kevin, Dusk, Grace exchanged glances.