bullies & bambinos (sbidermanstan (steelmagnolia247))

Word Count- 4,293

"Before you leave, I have a very special surprise for you guys." Mr. Harrington announced, after the end of a particularly long, and draining decathlon practice. Peter let out a quiet groan. He was already half-asleep, and he had a mountain of homework to get back to. He'd most likely be staying up late into the night, and Tony hated it when he did that.

Ever since May had died, and Tony had adopted him, Peter had been living in the Tower. His name was legally changed now, to Peter Parker-Stark,(even though he still went by Peter Parker at school), and he was being formally announced as the heir to Stark Industries at a press conference in a month. Life was good, even though he still felt the pain of losing May every day. Flash hadn't been awful to him in months, even though he still kept up the taunts about Peter's supposedly fake internship.

Peter should've known that his luck wouldn't hold out.

Mr. Harrington pulled out a stack of papers, and passed them out to everyone. Peter took his without looking at it, and passed the stack onto Ned.

Whispers broke out, after everyone had a paper, and had had a couple seconds to glance over it. Peter didn't even bother reading it. His brain felt like mush, and besides, Mr. Harrington would go over everything anyways.

"I assume you all have already read it by now, but I'll say it anyways. In a few days, as a reward for how well you all did at Nationals, we have been given the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go on a field trip to Stark Tower!"

The rest of the team cheered, as Peter felt his soul transcend out of his body.

Well shit.

___________

The next day at school was no better. Flash had taken up his verbal barrage of taunts again, except now they were targeted on the subject of Peter's internship. The rest of the school was abuzz with jealousy, everyone else wanting to go to Stark Tower as well. Peter's phone buzzed, and he swiped it open, after hiding it under the corner of his desk.

3 New Messages From: (my friends call me mj) {spidey squad}

my friends call me mj: looking forward to the field trip, stark?

my friends call me mj: sorry, *parker

my friends call me mj: harrington said he's never seen so many decathlon team applicants
Peter frowned. MJ knew about Spider-Man of course, but had she really figured out his new parentage already? Pepper and Tony had been so careful with the news, not wanting Peter to be in the spotlight so soon after May's death.

He had to be careful with his response. He needed to say something that wouldn't sound like he was Tony Stark's son and trying to hide it.

peter-man: haha funny typo!!!1

peter-man: there's no way i'd ever be tony stark's son lololol!!

Perfect.

nedjamin: anyways,,, do you guys think we'll see any avengers when we're at the tower????

my friends call me mj: remember the whole fight in a 7-eleven parking lot last year??? remember how they're literally Fugitives now?? idc about them though, i just want to see pepper potts.

peter-man: big mood

Peter heard a cough, and felt the force of Mr. Davis' glare on him.

He quickly sent one more message and turned his phone off, stowing it in his bag.

peter-man: gtg davis is gonna kill me

my friends call me mj: press f

nedjamin: f
__________________________________________________________