Elevator Mishaps and Identity Reveals (HolyKingWasteLand)

Word Count- 6,325

Sunday Night.

Tony and Peter are sitting in the common room of the Avenger's compound watching a movie when Peter starts up a conversation.

"Tony...?" The kid starts, unsure, still not used to calling his mentor/newly designated father figure by his first name. Tony's lips quirk up in a small smile and he looks over at him, humming to show he's paying attention. "I... well I was just wondering- and you totally don't have to say yes, I just thought-"

Tony rolls his eyes good naturedly, "Spit it out kid."

Peter startles and sits up straighter, nodding. "R-right sorry! I just.. Do you think we could do a tour here for the- the Decathlon team?" Peter fidgets nervously in his seat, not making eye contact with the Stark beside him. "They're all nerds like me and would die for a chance to see this place.."

Tony shrugs, thinking for a moment. "I don't see why not."

Peter lets out a silent breath of relief and surprise, and looks up at Tony with excited eyes. "R-really?"

Tony smiles down at his kid and ruffles the boy's hair. "Sure Pete, I'll get Pepper to sort out the details."

A giant smile breaks out on Peter's face and he projects himself into Tony's lap, hugging him fiercely. "Thank you thank you thank you!" He repeats, hugging him tighter. Tony laughs and hugs him back, albeit a bit out of breath.

"Careful kid, don't go damaging Government Property," Tony winks playfully as Peter pulls away from the hug. Peter snickers and shakes his head.

"Never."

.

.

.

Tuesday After School.

Mr. Harrington halts them as they start to pack up. "Hang on everyone, I've got some exciting news!" Harrington being excited? That's a first. "This Friday we're going on a field trip to the Avenger's Compound! I've got the permission slips here on the table, so make sure to get it signed and bring it back in by Thursday." He says, gesturing to the stack of papers.

Everyone starts talking excitedly to the person nearest to them, excluding MJ who just continues packing away her things.

"Peter! Isn't this so cool? Now I get to see where you spend the weekend!" Ned whisper-yells excitedly to his friend as they pack up. Peter nods, a smile on his face.

"Yeah, I know right? I asked him like a week ago, and honestly wasn't expecting him to say yes." Peter says, pulling his arms through the loops on his backpack. Ned audibly gasps, his eyes lighting up further- if that was possible.

"You mean you asked him?" Ned says giddily, bouncing on the balls of his feet. Peter nods as they walk to the table to collect their slip. "Dude that's so cool! Do you think the Avenger's will be there?" Peter shrugs. "Do you think Black Widow will sign my Collector Cards?"

Peter goes to respond but Flash interrupts him, "And now we'll all see how you've been lying this whole time Peter!" He sneers. MJ smacks him upside the head and he yelps.

"Shut up Flash." She says monotone and walks away. Flash growls at him and then walks out of the room, paper in hand.

Peter an Ned start walking to the door when Mr. Harrington calls Peter back.

"Did you want me to wait?" Ned asks, pointing at the door. Peter shakes his head with a smile, "Nah it's fine. See you tomorrow, Ned." Ned says a quick goodbye and then leaves the room.