Not too far from home (weeziewoo)

Word Count- 1,546

It just had to be a field trip didn't it, it could've been a research project, or an exam. But no, it was a field trip, to the Avengers tower.

He should've seen it coming, the lower levels of the building were the labs for Stark Industries, it was a hub for science, and it did indeed to educational tours- he'd seen quite a few when he was in the lab during school hours.

But of course, it wouldn't be that easy for him to not go- because he fucking lived there, he had since aunt May died. He supposed it wasn't that weird, since the avengers tower did function as a company- it wasn't like going on a field trip to MJ's house, because that was just a house. But his home, was not.

"Hey Pepper, can you sign this?" Peter asked slowly.
"Sure." Luckily, she signed it without questioning it.

So, that's how he ended up on a school bus, heading back towards his house, which he'd left barely two hours before. He was chewing the inside of his cheek, trying not to think about what was about to happen.

Ned was happily chatting in the seat next to him, blabbering about something or other, a new season pass for some game; or so Peter had gathered. The bus came to a halt ten minutes later, and Peter sucked in a breath.

This was going to be awful.

"Okay, here are your visitor passes!" The receptionist, Emily- said brightly. Before pausing to look at Peter.

"Peter weren't you just here?" She said sweetly.

"If you aren't feeling well I can-" She started rambling.

"No- it's fine, it's a school trip." He explained, trying desperately not to go bright red.

"Okay, do you have your badge?" She asked, and Peter nodded.

"You know, something, something, no reprints, blah, blah." He replied, and she nodded.

"Good to see someone remembers the rules." She said, staring pointedly at one of her co-workers. He rubbed his neck sheepishly.

"Sorry." He sighed, and Emily laughed.

"You're going to have to wait here for your tour guide, I'm afraid he's running late, again." She said with a smile.

They were stood in the lobby, looking a bit lost. Until he saw someone a little too familiar come out of the elevator.

Emily waved him over before he saw Peter. He couldn't help but listen in.

"Clint, you live upstairs, how do you even manage to be late?" She complained.

Clint was the fucking tour guide, and Peter really wishes he could disappear.

Nobody ever recognises Clint out of uniform, which is how he gets away with being the guide. His only noticeable trait being his hearing aids really. He wondered over.

"Hi, I'm Clint, tour guide and resident of Stark Tower! You're from Midtown high- right?" He says. And the teacher nods.

"Right, let's go then." He says, almost missing a beat when he sees Peter.

Every ID had to been scanned and announced, as they enter the lift. Which passes without a hitch, almost everyone having level one. Peter goes rigid when he scans his pass.

"Peter Parker, level 10 clearance." FRIDAY reported dutifully. He could feel the eyes burning into the back of his head.

"Good morning Mr Barton is this tour guide duty?" The AI says.