mornings with cheryl and toni

xxx

Toni wasn't sure of the last time she saw such a spread of breakfast food. Especially on a Monday morning before school.

"Uh...Cher?" Toni called into the kitchen, trying her hardest not to rub her eyes and ruin her eyeliner. She wasn't a morning person, but her girlfriend certainly was.

"Good morning," Cheryl came out from inside the pantry, holding a bottle of her family's prized maple syrup and practically skipping over to kiss her cheek, "Eat up, or we're gonna be late for school."

Toni watched her prance off to the breakfast nook that looked out into the garden, following her slowly. "Did you make all this?"

"Of course," Cheryl looked up at her from her cell phone, doing her morning Twitter scroll.

"How long have you been up?" her jaw was slacked a bit as she looked at the two plates on the small table. If Cheryl had the time to make waffles, eggs, bacon, and toast while still looking perfect for school, she had to have been up for hours.

"Since four thirty," the redhead shrugged as Toni sat down across from her. During the school year, she always got up anywhere between four thirty and five. Sometimes she would treat herself to a late start of five thirty. But she had an everyday routine of getting up, going for a jog, taking a shower, getting ready for school, and eating breakfast. Though, her breakfast wasn't always so hearty. But she wanted to treat Toni to something special. It was officially her first morning living at Thistlehouse.

"You're hot, but you're crazy," Toni laughed a little, sitting down, "Does your Nana get up that early too?"

"Not as early as myself, but Nana Rose does have her own routine. I already gave her breakfast and her nurse came to pick her up to take her to physical therapy."

Toni nodded and hummed a bit as she ate, trying to savor it. Normally for breakfast, if she even bothered to eat anything, she just grabbed a pop tart on her way out and tried to scarf it down before homeroom. But she had a feeling that living with Cheryl was going to change all that. She would never be a morning person, that was just out of the question. But she had a definite feeling that Cheryl wasn't going to let her get away with things like skipping breakfast or grabbing a quick bite for breakfast ever again.

xxx

"Toniii," Cheryl sang in her sleeping girlfriend's ear, trying to wake her. She looked so peaceful and didn't want to disturb her, but it was the first day of summer vacation, she could go back to sleep later.

"Mmmph," the serpent grunted in response.

"Get up, I want to show you something."

"What is it?" Toni mumbled into her pillow, still half asleep.

"Just come on, you can go back to bed later," Cheryl giggled a little, trying to pull her up, "Come on, please? We don't have much time."

"Ugh, fine," Toni mumbled with a whine. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, stretching her limbs out before throwing on the satin robe Cheryl handed her. Getting out of bed, she let her girlfriend drag her out of the room to a door she'd never been through, despite her living in the house for a few weeks now.

"Is there a reason you're taking me to the attic?" Toni mumbled, her voice still sleepy as she tried to keep up with Cheryl.

"You'll see!"

As if the rest of the house wasn't creepy enough already, the attic was like something out of a period piece horror movie that Jughead would love. Antiques covered in dusty white sheets, old mirrors, and the dolls. If she wasn't so sure that Cheryl liked her so much, she would have assumed that she brought her up here to kill her. But the tall redhead wrapped her fingers around the knob of a door across the room and lead her up one more flight of steps and out to the rooftop.