cheryl and toni on vacation

xxx

"Whose idea was this?" Cheryl huffed grumpily, her knees pulled up to her chest as she sat atop her bright red sleeping bag. Rain was beating down on their tent so hard that she was almost positive that it was going to rip through the synthetic canvas despite the extra tarp Betty had draped over the top.

"Betty's," Veronica muttered, popping a marshmallow into her mouth as she held her phone up to try to get some cell service.

The blonde scoffed and rolled her eyes, "Oh, come on, you act like I knew it was gonna rain this hard."

"Newsflash, cousin. Even if the weather app says there's a mere ten percent chance of rain, you cancel the camping trip that no one else wanted to go on," Cheryl snapped.

"Hey, I wanted to go," Toni turned to her, looking rather insulted, "Come on, Cher, camping's fun. Didn't you ever go to summer camp?"

"You think my mother would allow me to sleep in the woods with a bunch of girls with minimal adult supervision for a whole summer?"

"...Okay, point taken," the serpent nodded after a moment of silence, sighing as she plugged her phone into her portable battery.

"Veronica stop hogging the marshmallows," Cheryl groaned, reaching for the bag, only to have the Latina hold it out of her reach.

"No, I claimed these. I am not eating cold hot dogs," Veronica held the bag away from her, though it was difficult to do anything in the small tent. They'd gotten to the camp site too late and only had time to set up one of the two they'd packed before it started to downpour, "Besides you and Toni are hogging the chocolate bars and graham crackers."

Cheryl was about to retort when their only lantern flickered. They had another one in the car, but no one was willing to go out in the rain to retrieve it. She gasped and leaned instinctively against Toni. It was only a flicker, but with the mix of thunder starting to rumble in the distance, Cheryl was starting to get freaked out.

"We should have left when the rain started," the redhead mumbled, feeling a little better when Toni wrapped an arm around her. She hated thunderstorms.

"Cheryl, I get that your ideal campsite is the penthouse suite of a fancy hotel, but we're already here. Might as well make the most of it."

"Excuse me, Betty, but I would be perfectly content with this little outdoor adventure if we had gotten here earlier so my girlfriend and I had our own tent."

"I'd rather share a tent with you than listen to you and Toni have sex all night," the blonde rolled her eyes.

"Keep it up and you'll be listening to it anyways," Cheryl shot her a fake sweet smile with a cock of her head just before a clap of thunder shook the ground. Even worse, by some crazy coincidence, the lantern flickered again before burning out, leaving the girls in the dark with only the dim light of Veronica's phone. The four girls let out a short chorus of screams at the sudden noise and darkness. Cheryl shook against Toni, grasping the ends of her flannel shirt in fear.

"Seriously, guys, maybe we should just get some sleep. Maybe the rain will at least lighten up by morning," Toni sighed, holding Cheryl closer to keep her calm.

"Yeah, it's not like we can do much else anyways, since all our phones are dying with no service and we're trapped in this tent," Veronica nodded, already working on climbing into her sleeping bag.

Cheryl was quiet as Toni worked on getting settled beside her but wormed her way beside her before she had a chance to zip up her sleeping bag.

"You okay?" the pinkette whispered as Cheryl snuggled up beside her in the tight confines of the sleeping bag once she zipped it up.