cheryl and toni get jealous

xxx

There was no way.

She couldn't be.

Cheryl was not jealous of a popsicle. And she certainly wasn't getting turned on at her daughter's birthday party. But fuck, she couldn't take her eyes off of Toni's pink lips, wrapping around the purple ice pop as her tongue darted out to stop the grape flavored treat from melting. Fuck, she loved that mouth and she wanted it for herself.

She watched Toni intensely from across the spacious backyard of Thistlehouse, the summer heat melting the grape popsicle even faster, making the former serpent work harder to keep it from dripping all over. Though she failed, only slightly, when some purple liquid dripped down to her fingers. Cheryl watched as Toni's eyebrows knit together in frustration as she shifted the popsicle to her other hand and sucked her fingers clean, making the redhead nearly pass out on the spot.

Damn her pregnancy hormones.

"You okay, Cher? You look a little flushed," Veronica came up beside her, sipping at a frozen daiquiri from the table of 'adult treats' that she had set up herself, much to the redhead's dismay. Her dark brown eyes followed Cheryl's line of sight when she didn't answer, smirking when she saw what had Cheryl so catatonic. "Why don't you go inside, Bombshell," her hand on her back snapping Cheryl out of her trance.

"What?"

"Go inside with your wife for a little bit, I'll take over the festivities," Veronica repeated.

"I-I can't, we're doing cake soon."

"Addie just turned four, she won't know the difference."

"But-"

"Cheryl, you were literally drooling over Toni when I came over here. Go on before I change my mind. I'll keep my darling god daughter entertained," Veronica gave her a little shove to get her going.

While she hated when Veronica was right, Cheryl was grateful to have such an understanding friend. Her eyes locked on the popsicle in Toni's mouth again, her cheeks tingling with the blush that crept up on them once again. She'd never admit to anyone that she was actually angry about a popsicle getting more action than her. When she approached Toni, the brunette barely had time to say a word before the popsicle was ripped from her hand and thrown down to the grass by Cheryl, who was red in the face.

"What the hell, babe?" the shorter girl chuckled a little, confused.

"Don't ask questions, TT," she snapped a little and made her way across the backyard and into the house, dragging Toni along behind her.

xxx

Why the hell did that bitch have to come here?

Toni huffed as she walked across the train tracks from Pop's, heading for Sweet Pea's trailer. The boy was like her brother, she told him just about everything. And he was going to get an earful about this.

She tried to keep her emotions in check as the wind whipped against her face. Toni had never been the jealous type. She knew she was a knockout. She had a great personality. And not to toot her own horn, but she was great in bed. She had no reason to be jealous of anyone.

So why did she want to rip Heather to shreds?

She knew all about her girlfriend's middle school days. How she and Heather were inseparable and had girly sleepovers every Friday night at either Thornhill or Heather's house. She knew all about Cheryl's crush on the blonde. How Heather was the one to teach Cheryl how to kiss when they were twelve. It was never a problem for Toni, knowing about her past. Because it was her past. And now the girl from the past was making an appearance in the present, and she felt threatened.