dates with cheryl and toni

xxx

"Hey, girls, I'll be right with you. Go ahead and grab your usual booth," Pop Tate smiled as the two teenage girls walked through the door.

With a smile and two polite 'thank you's, Toni and Cheryl made their way towards their usual corner booth towards the back. While the bar held a special place in both their hearts, the booth in the corner was their spot. 'C+T' had been secretly carved into the underside of the table for years now. Cheryl will never forget when it was put there.

"Toni, stop, you're going to get in so much trouble," Cheryl giggled despite her hushed tone, watching Toni slither down in her seat, her pocket knife in hand. If Cheryl didn't already know what she was doing, she'd probably be really freaked out and worried.

"Shh," Toni put her finger to her upturned lips before she finally disappeared under the table.

Cheryl could feel her moving slightly against her feet. She hid her face in her hands as she tried not to laugh. Her girlfriend was extra strength crazy sometimes. She'd only been joking when she commented on the fact that they're at this table so often that they should write their names on it.

"Refill on your cherry cola, Cheryl?" Pop came over and the redhead nearly turned white as a sheet, thinking that Toni was busted.

"Yes please, Pop. And can Toni get some more root beer for her float?" she tried her hardest to keep her cool. "She's in the bathroom," she quickly added.

"Sure thing," the older man nodded before walking away, leaving Cheryl to let out the breath she didn't know she was holding in.

"Be more paranoid, Bombshell. It's not like this place is well lit," she heard Toni chuckle from under the table. "I could be doing anything under here and no one would ever know," her voice took on a playful, seductive tone as Cheryl felt her knees being slowly spread apart.

"Cut it out, oh my god," she could feel the heat rising in her cheeks as she snapped her legs shut, ignoring Toni's laughter when she came back up into the seat across from her. She played with her hair nervously, trying to make it seem like she was playing it cool. But Toni could always see right through her poker face.

"Relax, Cher, I was just playing," Toni smiled as her laughter died down, sliding her phone across the table to show Cheryl the picture she took of her handiwork.

"I can't believe you did that," the taller girl couldn't help but smile at the picture of the letters surrounded by a choppily carved heart.

Pop came over with their usual milkshakes, as always, without them having to ask for them first, getting his pad of paper out to take their food order. "What's it been for you two now? Two years? When are you gonna add '4EVER' to your artwork under the table?" he smirked, letting out a hearty chuckle at the look on both their faces.

"How did you-"

"I spend every night scraping the gum out from under these tables. I notice things," he shrugged.

"Pop I'm really-" Toni started.

"Don't worry about it. As long as you're not covering the building with spray paint or hurting anyone. Believe it or not, I actually don't mind it. Makes me feel like my place is a part of something bigger than just this little patch of land in Riverdale. I've seen a lot in my years here. First dates, engagements, make ups, break ups...I even helped deliver a baby in the women's rest room back in the eighties. I like for this place to be an important part of people's lives."

Cheryl and Toni just stared at him in awe, still a bit shocked that they weren't in trouble.

"Anyways, what can I get you ladies?"