CHAPTER TWO- HEARTBREAKER

VEGA

I have read every issue of Cosmopolitan but never did it prepare me for a boy doing magic tricks or him carrying dowsing rods. Drunk me thought he was great but sober me has now realized all his good luck and quirky traits were giant red flags. Dowsing rods and flowers appearing out of nowhere have my brain screaming psychopath, but my heart whispering that he meant well. Good thing I use my brain and not my heart.

The decision to face him is what leaves me in sleep limbo. I don't need to see a clock, the light shining behind my eyelids is evidence enough that it's way past noon. He has overstayed his welcome, and I have a feeling if I don't put a stop to this, he might never leave. I have to mentally and emotionally prepare myself. I suck in a deep breath. My eyes open. Great. Unfortunately for me, my poor decisions are staring right back at me. "Why are you watching me sleep?" Major creepy vibes. Watching someone sleep is murderer level strange.

I sit up in bed. At least he changed his clothes, but that doesn't make me feel any better. Between this outfit and the one he wore last night, his fashion sense screams hobo-hipster chic. His shirt is plain, washed-out black and his dark green flannel is without a doubt a thrift store hand-me-down. His grey jeans are old and holey, and of course, his outfit is topped off with a black beanie that he wore even in his sleep.

"Uhhh..." He sits in my swivel chair, in the corner of my room with a book in his hand. My swivel chair. My book. "I ran out of things to do...?"

"That's your excuse? You 'ran out of things to do' so you were watching me sleep?" The confusion on his face is worrisome.

"Y-yes." I face palm myself. Why did I bring this weirdo home in the first place? What have I done to deserve this crazed child in my life?

I massage my temple. "Okay, Cash. Since no one ever taught you proper sleepover etiquette, I will: It's past noon. Time to leave."

"Leave?" His face falls. "You want me to leave. Even after last night?" I can vaguely remember last night. Drinking. Laughing. Magic tricks.

I cock an eyebrow at him. "Did our clothes come off?" His face turns red and he shakes his head. "Then there's nothing between us." I hop out of bed and snap my fingers at him. "Chop-chop time to skedaddle." 

But he doesn't move. His whole body is shaking. I sigh. That's right! Ugh.. He's like my brother. Shit. That only complicates things. Sure, I feel bad for him but I can't deal with people like that on a personal level. I'm crazy enough as is and I can't handle anymore.

I shake my head at him. "If you're going to have a fit- do it and leave," I say, as he sinks to the floor. This is annoying. I pull my hair into a bun, take off my locket and flower crown and set them on my desk next to the flowers. I grab his discarded dowsing rods from the floor and set them next to his curled-up body.