CHAPTER THREE- BLACK ORCHID

A/N: For my old readers. I updated my last two chapters. Nothing big was changed, I think the only thing added to the story was Cash smacking his head on the desk in Vega's room.

 Nothing big was changed, I think the only thing added to the story was Cash smacking his head on the desk in Vega's room

CASH

Thomas. The name makes me nervous. Guilty. Like I did something bad, but I don't know what it means. Sometimes words sit in my mouth and brain burning till I have to spit them out.

I freeze as Vega lunges across the room. If she doesn't kill me,  the look on her face surely will. She rips her locket from my hand and grabs me by the collar of my shirt.  We're close, I'm in a daze. My forehead is pounding and bleeding. I have blood dripping into my left eye. Yet, that's not where my brain is at. Even in Vega's death grip, the only thing I can think of is her. She's both the devil and angel that sits on my shoulder.

When she pulls me down to her height, I get lost in her onyx eyes. Beautiful pools of midnight black. Eyes that are like a safe retreat from her angry brow. The creases and lines of her forehead are carved out like ravines in a valley. Her eyebrows are what really scare me- like she expects me to say or do something wrong before it happens.

I'm so close, I can smell her minty breath. My mouth waters. Stop, Cash. This is serious. I keep cursing myself,  these observations and reactions are inappropriate.

My heart is pounding so loud that her mouth moves but I only hear blood rush behind my ears. Breathe. She shakes me. I force myself to stop looking at the small mole on her chin and focus on her Medusa gaze.

"For the third time- how do you know my brother?!"

"I-I-" Brain, please work.

"That's not an answer!" She pulls at my collar, wrapping my shirt around her fist till her knuckles are white. "Cash! Tell me!"

My nerves make me feel like vomiting. I need to get this right. This is my only chance to fix myself. To fix my life. But, what if she doesn't believe me? What if she doesn't want to help me? What if-

My heart is running a marathon. I'm shaking and sweaty. My chest is tight. Vega is killing me. I could be dying. I'm probably dying-

"Cash!"

"Y-you're not going to believe me." I wince as she shakes me again. The blood from my forehead is dripping down my chin. I can taste copper on my tongue. It's hard for me to breathe, hard for me to focus. And I don't want to look at her. I really don't. I choose to focus on her ''Keep Calm, Yoga On' poster on the back of her wall.

"Try me."

I tell my brain to take a deep breath, but hyperventilating is what my body decides on. "I-I may know your b-brother but my m-memories are messed up."

"How so?"

I swallow hard."I can't remember people or places before the last six months." Breathe. "S-sometimes a name or a face I used to know sits on the tip of my t-tongue and my b-brain blurts it out but that's as f-far as it goes." I could feel her grip loosening on my shirt. You'll be fine, Cash. Relax." I-It's why I can r-remember my academics from s-school but have no idea what my o-own name is."