CHAPTER FIVE-ALL THE GOOD GIRLS GO TO HELL

VEGA

A wand? How threatening- but this was no flimsy wood stick. It was long, thick and coated in a silver so shiny I could see the reflection of myself in it. He holds it up pointing it at me. The only sound is Cash's labored breaths and the burning of firewood.

"You didn't tell me you brought your girlfriend." He snickers.

I roll my eyes. Not like I haven't heard that line before. "He is not my boyfriend."

I think the blueberry man is surprised at my response. "What a shame." He shakes his head at Cash. "Such a pretty young girl-"

"Suck a dick. " I say as I stick my middle finger up at him. He looks more or less confused."I don't need an old dumpsterphile catcalling me in the middle of a high tension standoff-"

"What did you say you little bitch?" He grunts his words.

"You heard me- SUCK A DICK!" Turns out, when blueberry people are mad their faces turn purple.

The blueberry man stomps towards me, but I refuse to give up. If I die, I will die with pride. I hold my head up high as he grabs me by the back of my neck. I can feel the tip of his wand pressing into me.

I look over at Cash, he just stares. Breaking news- Cash does nothing and water is wet.

He pulls me by the fire and pushes me to the dirt-covered ground. In the shadows, I can see him shaking his wand at Cash. "And boy, if you even try to blink I will not hesitate to shoot her dead."

I can't turn. I'm not going to face him and give some sort of pleasure that he's scaring me. I'll bite my lip till it bleeds for all I care. I watch his shadow move. He sticks his wand in his mouth and grabs something long. He bends towards me, rough nylon wraps too tightly around my wrists and ankles. I'm more upset that my sensitive skin will bruise and I didn't bring enough makeup to cover it.

He squeezes my cheeks between his dirty rough hands."Such a pretty girl with a vile mouth." He licks his lips.

"I'm seventeen you pedo garbage dump." I spit at him. " And I swear the second I'm out of here I will tase you so hard that you piss yourself." His hand pulls back and I brace myself as he slaps across my cheek. My whole cheek is stinging and tears well up in the corner of my eyes but I grind my teeth and do my best to keep a straight face. I won't give this garbage-dump-of-a-human any satisfaction.

"Suck it." I say.

"Awe" He pinches my cheeks hard. "I feel so threatened, little girl."

The feeling of a pinch on an already raw cheek makes me want to scream, but I won't. I can't. If there's one thing I won't do, it's cry.

He moves his attention away from me and points his wand at Cash. "Come here, boy."

Cash's face is stone-cold but he listens. He marches towards the blueberry man. When Cash gets close enough, the man grabs him by the collar of his shirt and pulls him towards his face.

"You're a quiet one." Cash doesn't answer. "You're not going to defend your girlfriend?" The blueberry man looks back to me, licking his lips. "What kind of man are you?"

In a flash, something in Cash's eyes change. I've never seen him so... angry? Is that what that is? His fist clench and his jaw tightens. Just as the blueberry man smirks he kicks him square in balls. "Don't you dare say anything bad about her." His words come out as a growl.

My own jaw drops. It was sweet for him to defend me but I'm more impressed that it took this long for Cash to crack. At least it wasn't me who broke him.