Chapter Two: Shattered Glass

Gwen's POV
I was just standing there, staring at what looked like....Duncan....Duncan Nelson. I couldn't believe it was him, or at least I thought it was. Vodka soda, is all that rang through my head and I snapped out of it and started making the drink.

"Y-yeah" I stuttered not knowing if I replied already. He gave me a funny look, yep I probably just myself looking dumb, maybe it isn't Duncan, maybe it's some random guy.

   I started getting the drink ready, with my hands shaking. I looked at him, I had to ask if he wanted salt or not, but nothing would come out. I was literally speechless. He just sat there staring at me. Looking at him more, I noticed he was the guy who into me before school. I shook my head. No, no....no this isn't Duncan and that wasn't Duncan who I ran into earlier.

"Salt?" I asked and he nodded.

I dipped the glass in salt and then started making the vodka soda. I put a lime on the side and then walked away to take a breather. I looked back at him, and thank god he was just sadly looking at his drink, and getting up leave. If it was Duncan I bet he would notice me. I oo

Duncan's POV
The bartender reminded me of Gwen. I don't know what it was her hair...the way she looked, her body, her...voice, just everything her whole vibe made think of Gwen. I put my head in my hands as I couldn't get Gwen out of my head. Oh how fucking much I missed my Gwen.

"Salt?" She asked and I looked at her and nodded.

  I didn't want to ask her what her name as it was weird. I couldn't be here with the girl anymore. I looked over at Bridgette and Geoff and saw other people sitting with them. The second I got my drink I stared at it and then walked over to everyone. I sat down and they all looked at me. I saw Heather, Alejandro, Courtney, Scott, Zoey, and some girl with white hair. They all looked at me.

"What's up with you?" Scott asked and I shook my head and sat down.

I didn't reply just sat there next to Geoff. I wasn't in the mood to talk, I was in the mood to sit there mope about Gwen and drink remembering old memories. I saw Zoey cross her arms.

"Duncan what's wrong?" Zoey asked and I sat there.

"Nothing" I lied and she sighed and looked at me. "How are you and Mike?" Courtney asked changing the subject.

Zoey looked at me and then her and smiled a bit. "We're good...he works here, I'm pretty sure he's our waiter." Zoey said and Courtney nodded.  Just then, I'm guessing Mike walked up to us. I drank the vodka soda and he nodded at me. He asked us what we wanted to drink and everyone started asking for alcoholic drinks, except Zoey and dawn as they weren't able to drink yet.

Gwen's POV
I sat there mixing drinks and then Mike came up to me with an order and I looked at him and he pointed to a table and I looked over. I looked at him.

"I got so many orders, can't you just serve them?" I asked and he looked at me.

"I can't, but I get someone else." He said and I nodded.

He walked off as I started making all the drinks. I sat there and started putting the drinks on the trays. I looked up and another co-worker picked it up and walked off with them to the table. I continued to make drinks for everyone else who was ordering.

Duncan's POV
I was on my second vodka soda and I just sat there. Mike came back or us to order, I heard Courtney order something with alcohol infused food and Mike looked at her.