Chapter Nine: Let the Games Begin

Gwen's POV
I saw Duncan staring at me with his sinister grin. I started making another drink for a customer and I looked at him and smirked.

"Chill out on the grin, before I call your parlor officer." I said and he rolled his eyes.

I laughed to myself and started the poured the drink and slide the drink down to the guy. He smiled as me and I nodded at him and walked down to Duncan and grabbed the glass.

"Would you like another?" I asked and he glared.

I just smirked back at him. He looked at me up and down and leaned back. "Let the games begin Gwen." He said and I laughed.

"You don't scare me ex-con." I said with small smirk and he laughed.

"Okay..." He said and I looked at him.

I laughed a bit and he rose his eyebrow with confusion. Should I break the news to him...or just let things play out? I just sat there with a small little smirk on my face. I mean I could let things play out...till I leave to go home. I walked down to the next customer that was waiting. 

Duncan's POV
I saw Gwen laugh to herself as she looked at me. I was so confused, what is she planning, and why do I like this? I saw a small smirk appear on her face as she watched me. I was about to order another drink, when someone else came up to the counter and she walked over to him. She nodded and then started turned around making the drink. I saw her watching me through the mirror, she had a little smirk on her face. What is she planning, I thought. Once she finished the guys drink she walked over to me and put her arms on the counter, and laughed.

"Try to get me back all you want, but guess what I'm leaving to go home tomorrow night." She said with a laugh and I glared at her.

Thinking about it, I'm leaving tomorrow morning. I groaned and leaned back. How can I get back her now, if she and I both won't be here?

"That doesn't mean we don't have tonight." I said smirking a bit and the guy next to me looked at me.

"You're fucking customers now Gwen?" The guy, who looked like Cody from a few weeks ago, asked and she froze and looked at him.

"No Cody, s-shut the fuck up." She said stuttering a bit and walked off.

I laughed, she's in to me...maybe I should go at this in another way. I got an idea and smiled to myself and watched her, tonight's going to be fun.

Gwen's POV
I was thinking after I told Duncan about me leaving, and him not being able to whatever he was planning might ruin his plans, but it just seemed like they furthered them. Yeah, I should of thought this through. I just started making more drinks and I walked down over to him and looked at him.

"Are you gonna order something or do I have to make you something?" I asked and he looked at me.

"That...tequila...version of the drink you made last week." He said and I nodded.

I turned around and made the tequila version of the drink and then slide it down to him. He smelt it make sure it was the right one and I laughed. Idiot. He started to drink it and I looked over at the next customer.

Later That Night

Duncan's POV
I knew Geoff and Bridgette left and Gwen's shift was coming to an end. I sat there at 1 AM, as she took her things off. I watched her then come out. She looked at me and groaned.

"Can't you just call an Uber?" She asked and I looked at her.

"But you're already here." I said and she rolled her eyes and started walking away.

I watched her walk away and I got a text back my mother. I was going to read it later, as I wanted to ask where Gwen was doing for break, even though I already knew. We got to her car and she looked at me. I put my head against the window and she started driving.

"So, what are you doing over the break?" I asked and she at the road. I opened my phone seeing the text from my mother.

They know we're coming, are you sure this was Gwen's idea? -Mom

I smirked to myself typing yep, she texted me and told me that she wanted us over for a days so we could catch up.

"Uh...I'm just staying with my family." She said and I looked up from my phone.

"Oh nice..same." I said as she nodded not knowing the true meaning of that.

She drove to the dorm, and we both got out of the car and looked at each other. We just awkwardly stared at each other and she crossed her arms and laughed.

"See you in January...jail bird." She said walking away and I laughed.

"Yeah" I said with a smirk.

The Next Day

Duncan's POV
I had my things packed. Geoff left last night and I walked to my car and put my things in the back. I then started driving my way to the Ingrid's house.

After about four hours of driving it was four in the afternoon and I parked my car hiding it. I walked up to the door and knocked. It opened to Gwen's little brother Jimmy.

"Duncan...nice." He said

I'm pretty sure Jimmy's a senior in high school now. Gwen's mother Mary gasped when she saw me. I smiled and she came over and hugged me. I hugged her back. Looking behind her I saw my siblings, and parents.

Gwen's POV
It's a four hour drive and I had to leave now, to be there by eight. I threw my bags and suitcases into my car and started driving. I just drive my peaceful four hours all alone by myself, to my mother house..where it would be just us.

I made it to my house around 8:35 PM and I grabbed my bags and ran to the front door. I noticed the kitchen light was on so that mean they were all eating dinner. I looked around at all the cars, and I guessed my mother's family was here too. I unlocked the door and stepped inside.

"I'm home" I said walking into the house and everyone turned and looked at me.

I saw Duncan's family sitting there, I saw Duncan with his stupid little grin and I stood there staring at him. I shook my head and walked up to my room. This has to be a dream, more like a nightmare, but if it isn't...it's just the games have begun.

Duncan's POV
Gwen was just staring at me, she had a puzzled look on her face and I smirked. She shook her head and walked into a towards her room, where we would be sharing a bed. Yeah, can't wait to break that one on her either.

"Are you two at least friends?" My mother asked and I nodded.

"You could say that." I said with a laugh.

I watched as Gwen walked out of the room. She saw me and gave me a glare. I smirked back at her and she eyes started twitching. She then mouth.

"The games have begun."

Well there's that chapter. Duncan will be getting his "revenge" on Gwen soon too...maybe I don't know know, this might just be enough. Anyways don't forget to vote and comment.