Story Revamp Chapter 1: The Hogwarts Express

Kings Cross Station at London
September 1, 1991

"Now listen here boy! You'll do no such freakish things while you're looking for that imaginary platform of yours. Understand?!" A fat man bellowed at the young scrawny little kid with wired spectacles.

"Yes, Uncle Vernon." The boy answered, mentally rolling his eyes.

"Go on then! Get out of my sight!" His uncle said shooing him off and the boy walked away, pushing his trolley in front of him. He entered the station when he heard his uncle say.

"Platform 9 and 3/4 Quarters? Ha! There's no such thing as Platform 9 and 3/4 Quarters!" Harry shrugged off the thought and went to find his way.

Harry was starting to worry, he has been pacing around the lane where Platform 9 and 10 Quarters was and he was now sitting on a nearby bench trying to figure out where to find Platform 9 and 3/4 Quarters was. Maybe this was all a cruel joke, maybe he wasn't good enough to be a wizard. It was a good thing his uncle left him on the station an hour early so he could figure out where the hell Platform 9 and 3/4 Quarters was. He was beginning to think to just go and find his way back 'home' when he heard someone.

"Are you sure we're on the right platform luv? There's only Platform 9 and 10 Quarters here." A tall, middle-aged man questioned to someone beside him.

"Of course dad, Professor McGonagall said so in the letter, it's hidden between those said platforms." A bushy-haired girl answered when Harry looked more closely at the family. His ears perked up at the mention of Hogwarts.

It looked like her dad was reminding her of the Statute of Secrecy so she needed to be more careful about her words around lots of people.

Harry grabbed his trolley and moved towards the family.

"Um, excuse me- do you know where Platform 9 and 3/4 Quarters is?" I nervously asked her and the girl looked slightly panicked.

"What are you talking about? There's no such thing as Platform 9 and 3/4 Quarters. See there's only platforms 9 and 10 here." She lied. Harry could tell from her body language. He chuckled at her struggle and said.

"Aren't you going to Hogwarts too? It's my First-Year and Hagrid must've forgotten to tell me where to find it."
The girl immediately beamed.

"You're going to Hogwarts too?! I'm like you- here i'll show you how." She said excitedly.

"You just have to run straight towards the wall between Platforms 9 and 10 Quarters. Professor McGonagall said that you have to do it in a bit of a run if you're nervous or you'll crash. You can do it first." She explained to me. I looked back at her and gave a grateful smile.

"Thanks." Then i looked at the wall between Platforms 9 and 10. I gulped visibly and pushed my trolley towards it.

---- Time Skip ----

After Harry found Platforms 9 and 3/4 Quarters, he saw a scarlet red train, with a plaque at the bottom that read: 'The Hogwarts Express'. All that Harry could think of was that magic was really real and he was glad to be a part of it.

"I'll miss you mum and dad- i'll write you letters every week, i promise." The girl from before said to her parents and gave them a fierce hug.

"You'll do okay Hermione-" So that's her name. "-just don't forget to loosen up a bit okay? Make some friends." Her mother chastised her and the girl let a few tears stream off her eyes and fall down to her cheeks and hugged her mother just as fierce as before.

"I will mum." She promised and slowly let go of her parents. She said her goodbyes and went over to where i was.

"Are you gonna stand there all day or you're gonna put your trunks into the back?" She said making me snap out of my thoughts.