Chapter 3: Settling Down

"Caput Draconis." Percy Weasley, the Gryffindor Fifth Year Prefect said clearly to a portrait, which Hermione later informed him that it was the Fat Lady. The portrait gestured her hand to move and the portrait opened to reveal a passageway.

"Come on! Watch your step." Percy chided. The students climbed inside and walked for a bit to see red and gold colored paints on the walls with many different sizes of magical portraits with those residing in them looking at the First-Years with curiosity.

They followed Percy until he stopped near the center of the room and he turned to the Gryffindor First Years.

"Boys dormitories are up on the left- the girls the same to your right. You may find that all of your belongings have already been brought up. Your respective rooms may be found by your year level. It'll be placed on the front of your doors." Then Percy went outside to report to Professor McGonagall.

Harry and Neville were already tired at the whole day and walked over to Hermione.

"Hey Hermione.." Harry paused to stifle his yawn. "-me and Neville are tired, maybe we should meet up tomorrow morning at 8?" He told her.

"8? A bit late for breakfast don't you think?" She replied.

"Why? Are you a heavy eater Granger?-OW!" Harry tried to tease her but got slapped in the arm.

"I don't eat like a bloody pig Harry James Potter! I just heard from Percy that maybe we should go down to the Great Hall early tomorrow morning so we could have plenty of time to get around the place." She huffed.

"We'll meet you here at 7:30 Hermione." assured Neville and gave her a pat on the back. Harry grinned and playfully gave her a shove, then grabbed Neville away to escape- or find their dormitory.

They left a fuming Hermione Granger on their wake.
"You'll pay for that Harry James Potter!" She shouted after them, she stopped when a hand held her shoulder. She turned around to snap at whoever stopped her from killing Harry.

"What?!" Then her angry gaze softened when it was just her fellow dorm mates.

"Oh, sorry about that." She shyly apologized. The Indian witch just smiled and asked.

"You're Hermione Granger right?" The girl asked. Hermione nodded.

"Yes.. you're one of the Patil twins right? Sorry, i didn't quite catch your name." Hermione looked sorry but the girl just waved it off.

"No worries, i'm Parvati Patil- my other twin is Padma from Ravenclaw." She replied then stepped aside to introduce her companion, a blonde girl who gave a shy wave.

"And this is my friend Lavender Brown." Hermione stepped forward and raised her hand for the girl to shake.

"Nice to meet you Lavender." She greeted politely to the blonde witch, who shook her hand politely in return. After introductions, Parvati moved closer to tell Hermione.

"We were on our way to our dorms, and we thought to call you that we'd go together?"

"Sure.. um.. let's go then?" Hermione said and the two girls nodded and the three climbed the stairs in search of their respective dorm rooms. Seeing a plaque with the number one on the door, they walked over but before they could move they heard voices.

"I told you Nev, it was on this floor." The voice of Harry Potter said.

"You were the one dragging me off! It's not my fault!" Neville protested.

"Yeah, yeah.. come on, we're gonna have to wake up at 7:30 so we better find our room by now." Harry stated, then broke out a loud yawn. Hermione decided to step forward to be seen.