Chapter 9: The Golden Trio

The trio's popularity has grown over the month. Harry as not just  the 'Boy-Who-Lived', but also as the Youngest Seeker of Hogwarts over a century.

Hermione was no longer called the 'Buck-toothed know-it-all bookworm', but they've called her as what their professors do: 'The Brightest Witch of Her Age'- not just for her studies, but also for her use of cool intellect when she's on the air.

Ever since the game, people have been seen interacting with other houses more openly like sitting with each other in the Great Hall during meals- even Slytherins were interacting with other houses, ignoring the pureblood dogma, much to Professor Snape's surprise and the other professors.

Harry, Hermione and Neville were dubbed as the 'Golden Trio' and they've made friends outside themselves as well.

Neville hangs out sometimes with Hufflepuffs: Susan Bones and Hannah Abbot, since they were childhood friends. Hermione found a loyal friend in Daphne Greengrass and Tracey Davis from Slytherin where Tracey introduced her to her bestfriend the Ice Princess from Slytherin Daphne.

The three of them were dubbed by Neville as the 'Brainy Trio', much to the girls dismay. They always hang out in the Library working on their school works and researching other topics that caught their fancy. When the boys wanted them to hang together, they bribe them away from the Library to hang out. They hang out by the huge tree near the Black Lake.

Harry can be seen recently with Draco's friends or sometimes with the older students.(mostly from his quidditch team) Only a few Slytherins who still followed the pureblooded nonsense and one certain Weasley didn't like the changes occuring around Hogwarts.

During the Halloween Feast, Ron Weasley decided that he had enough of the Snakes mingling in their group. And so, when Theodore Nott strolled towards their table to where Seamus and Dean was, he called out to the Slytherin.

"Oi! This is the Gryffindor Table Nott! Go and slither back to where you came from!" Ron spatted out.

Nott stopped on his tracks and narrowed his eyes on Ron.

"What did you say Weasley?"

"You heard me, go slither back to the rest of your snakes Nott." Ron spatted back.

Before Theodore could bark back a reply, Seamus interrupted him.

"What are you doing Ron?" Seamus asked the redhead. Ron turned to look at him.

"I'm just telling him off! He's got no business to be crawling around here." Ron told Seamus. At this, Theo finally replied.

"What i do isn't any of your business Weasley." Theo growled menacingly. Ron turned his head back to the Slytherin and glared right back.

The redhead didn't know but Dean was mouthing to Nott to just go back and let them deal with the git since the professors were starting to notice the commotion.

Theo sneered at Ron.
"I'll get you later Weasel." Then he went back to the Slytherin Table.

As soon as everyone were back to minding their own business, Seamus rounded on Ron.

"What in Merlin's beard were you doing Ron?!"

"Me?! I was just saving us from him!" Ron replied hotly. Getting confused on why his housemate were defending a bloody Slytherin.

Seamus scoffed.

"Looks like you're the one needing saving Weasley, i'm joining Theo in getting back at you." Seamus told the redhead and left with Dean to find another spot in the Gryffindor Table. Leaving Ron and the Golden Trio looking at each other. Ron defended himself when they were looking at him.