Chapter 8: Pickup Quidditch

Pansy Parkinson agreed in pitching the Quaffle and so the teams flew to their respective spots. She threw the Quaffle up into the air and Blaise Zabini caught it first.

As soon as Seamus bolted up to the front, Zabini passed it to him.
Harry was trying to adjust his position before catching up to where Seamus was. Neville was overwhelmed at the fast-paced game that he barely managed to block Seamus attempt in scoring the Quaffle.

"Get your head in the game Longbottom!" Draco shouted to Neville, who just nodded.

Blaise quickly flew back to the opposite direction to defend their hoops. Harry flew quickly to Hermione to give her a tip.

"Keep your eyes on the Quaffle Hermione! Just like what they do in Basketball!" Harry shouted to her. She nodded in understanding and kept her gaze at the Quaffle while still taking note of the players coming towards their hoops.

"Crabbe! Goyle! Shield me while i shoot!" Draco barked at the two and quickly flew side-by-side while Malfoy flew behind.

They didn't notice Seamus sneaking behind and successfully stole the Quaffle from Malfoy, who cursed and hurried to catch up to Seamus.

Before Seamus turned around, i managed to flew ahead of him and convinced him to pass the Quaffle to me.

He threw it overhead so Malfoy couldn't catch the pass. Harry caught it and tucked it aside then raced to the hoops. Neville was guarding the hoops seriously so Harry came up with a move from basketball.

He flew downwards then rose up as he was getting near, he tossed the Quaffle to the hoop and Neville hurried up to block it but failed since the Quaffle bounced back to Harry's hand that was stretched out and scored.

"10-0! Nice Alley-Oop Harry!" Dean Thomas called out from the sidelines, who was refereeing along with Madam Hooch, who chose to watch the game.

Madam Hooch leaned over to the Gryffindor to ask what an 'Alley-Oop' was. Dean excitedly told their professor about the move. Eager to share anything about Muggle culture.

"Nice move Harry!" Seamus cheered as he high-fived with him. Then they quickly switched to defense.

"Don't let him trick you Longbottom!" Draco chewed at Neville.

"I'm trying!" Neville shouted irritatedly. Draco gritted his teeth and moved to Theodore Nott.

"Let's pass the Quaffle around to confuse Granger!" Nott nodded and flew to a side. Draco passed the Quaffle to Goyle, who passed it to Crabbe then to Nott, who was coming closer to Hermione.

" 'Mione! They're trying to confuse you!" Harry tried to warn her but was too late. Nott already shot the Quaffle to the right hoop and they scored.

"10-10!" Dean Thomas announced, and Madam Hooch drew the score in the air with her wand.

"Remember! This is a race to  whoever gets 100 points first!" Dean reminded them.

As they were busy playing Quidditch, Pansy Parkinson, the girl who always followed around Draco, shot off towards the castle and into the Great Hall, where all years just finished their last class. She bolted to the Slytherin Table.

"Parkinson! What's the matter?" Marcus Flint, a Fifth-Year Slytherin asked her.

"Drakey and the others are playing Quidditch at the fields near the Forbidden Forest! You should watch!" She told him loudly and the neighboring students heard it and passed the news around the Great Hall.

"You mean Draco?" Flint asked again. Parkinson nodded excitedly and gestured the others to follow her outside the castle.

Then, all students came running outside. Noticing the students behaviour, McGonagall asked Angelina Johnson, a Third-Year Gryffindor that was passing by.