Coming to bed, dear?

Scenario: Spouses trying to get their partners to go to sleep already. [BV] contains some cursing

The wheels in her brain kept turning and idea after idea was produced as a result. Being a genius had it's ups and downs. One minute you were focusing on repairs, and the next you had an entirely new idea that screamed to be born. Time passed with every tick of the clock and ray of sunshine yet Bulma was far too deep in her ambition to realize.

Vegeta was a man of ambition as well. Yet mixed into that was pride, ego, and if you searched carefully enough, compassion. Perhaps he didn't show that last trait to his enemies, he wasn't Goku after all, but to his family he assuredly was a caring man. Tonight, after a good shower the prince was ready to sleep. The digital clock on the nightstand burned neon into his eyes. 11:00 at night and still no sign of Bulma. It was too early to worry, that much he knew, and yet a piece of his brain continued to prick him with that little bit of information. It nagged at the warrior, told him to get his wife and snap her from whatever the hell she was up to. It would've been a nice gesture but Vegeta knew the consequences if he dragged her to bed too early. You've got one hour. The saiyan thought crudely before laying on his side with a muscled arm propping him up. In this quiet, while there was still time, the man reflected on the day's events.

Trunks had asked him for another sibling. Kami knows why when he already had Goten to play around with. "But I wanna be a big brother too! So i can prove I'm better than Gohan!" The expression on the purebred's face was something of annoyance and confusion. Clearly the boy has no idea how irritating babies are. Plus, I already have Bulma to deal with. His eyes glanced over at the time which read 11:05. Damn it. The alien aggressively flipped over and put a new topic in his head. Kakarot. When will that fatass learn to stop taking my food. Granted, Chichi did make an extra plate of whatever they were arguing about but it was the principal of the thing. Maybe if I punch his damn tooth out he'll learn. The prince laughed to himself, feeling a bit at ease until he remembered he was alone in bed. The empty spot beside him was a cruel reminder.

She's been working since this afternoon...I've given her enough time. Vegeta ripped the sheets off. He donned a pair of sweats, leaving the entire sculpture of abs for viewing. He stomped angrily yet quietly in fear he'd disturb Trunks. He went down several flights of stairs, through a bunch of doors—a seemingly never ending journey until finally her ki was just ten feet away. The lab door slid open and hunched over a paper filled desk did Vegeta find the scientist.

"Bulma," he snapped, knowing his kid was far away enough to shout, "have you any idea what time it is?!"

The blue haired woman didn't bother to make eye contact, which was a grave offense in the royal's mind. "Yeah...beer o'clock." That translated to; screw off I'm busy. He strode up to her quite loudly but Bulma didn't flinch. She continued to smoke her cigarette and scribble some lengthy equation down.

"It's time for bed." He laid a hand over the blueprints she was obsessively working on and allowed those onyx eyes to burn into hers. It was a challenge that the woman was ready to take on, or so she thought.

"You go on without me. Now kindly move your fat hand." But the saiyan didn't budge and he wondered if arguing till the devil's hour was a good solution to this.

"Bulma," he spoke softly yet the gruffness in his voice sent a chill down her spine. She looked into his eyes curiously, wondering what was the cause of such a drastic change in attitude. "I need you to listen very carefully. It's 11:30 at night and you've been in this hell hole since afternoon. That's nearly twelve fucking hours without seeing the sun, or your child." The realization hit the woman like a truck. A small knot of guilt formed in the pit of her stomach as she thought about her little lavender boy. "So can you please just come to bed?"

Yes, his little speech stirred something within her but she was was so close to a breakthrough. The slow burning of the cigarette was almost torturous, making the flame haired saiyan cringe a bit. "Just a litttle bit longer, please." She indicated the amount with just a pinch of her fingers. "I know the day is gone already sooo if I stop at 12:00 am it'll be a fresh new day and-"

As if slapped in the face, every muscle in Vegeta's face contorted. "Woman, do you hear yourself right now?" His fingers quickly grabbed the cigarette that poked from between her lips and before she caught on to what was happening he ashed it on the table. "I tried to be nice babe, but you leave me no choice." The warrior was quick to move, years of battle had taught him that, and without warning those same hands grabbed her slim waist and hoisted her over his back.

"Vegeta!" The insomniac squealed, her hands slapped his lower back indignantly. "Put me down. I'm not a child!"

But the stubborn one ignored her and left his words sealed inside his thoughts. Well you sure as hell are acting like one. Kami, it's like dealing with Trunks! The man merely sighed and trudged back up to their bedroom.

"You could've at least let me have my cigarette!"

Those were the magic words that got Vegeta to finally open up. "Like hell. Chichi told me what those death sticks do to you." He hissed, "and you will have no more of them."

"What?! You—" but the words never left because the saiyan instantly placed her on the ground and clamped a strong hand over her mouth.

There was a strange look on his face, almost fearful yet dominating. "Shh," he placed a finger to his lips. Once he saw her body relax, Vegeta took a big step forward. The man slid his hand to cup her cheek now, his thumb brushed those slightly parted lips. They were horribly close, almost ready to kiss but Bulma knew better than to trust the obvious with this husband of hers. With a hand still glossing over her cheek and lips, the other pointed to Trunk's bedroom door.

She should've know the kid was nearby. It was foolish and selfish of her to think otherwise. But being so cranky from staying up so many hours did that to her. Before another shameful thought, Vegeta took her hand and led her to the door which was open just enough for Bulma to see her son. He slept exactly like his father, except there was less rigidity. The mother's heart ached in adoration and guilt. Trunks, I'm so sorry. She squeezed her husband's hand as if trying to share the anguish.

The ex-prince watched from afar before grabbing her other hand, leaning over and whispering something in her ear. "You need to take better care of yourself." A chill ran down her spine at the message. This genius spent so much time locked away and for what? Something that could've been balanced between family, friends, and personal time. However, it took Vegeta to carry her around like a child to make her realize she was not only hurting herself but Trunks. Tears glazed her vision, the alien's lips remained glued against her neck until he felt her body shiver. Wordlessly, the pair walked to their bedroom a little ways down the hall.

There, Vegeta allowed her some time to think while she undressed. He already tucked himself back into bed, waiting patiently for her to do the same. A few sniffles came from the blue haired woman as she laid in bed looking quite lonely. Immediately, he wrapped his strong arms around her waist, pulling her in so close that they were practically one.

Did it hurt him to see her cry? Just a bit but he knew the truth had to be said. "You know I give a really huge, smelly shit about you, right?"

That made her laugh almost uncontrollably, making Vegeta smirk happily. "Yes, I know." She briefly pet through the flame shaped hair."Thank you." Their lips met passionately, their devotion to one another never faltering. Pressed against his sturdy body, Bulma knew there was no safer place on Earth and no matter how much caffeine she drank or cigarettes she smoked he would be there to pick her up, mostly literally, and force her to take the proper care. It was so easy for her to forget it but having someone who truly loved her made it all better. "I love you, baby."

Then after quite a long pause she heard a very quick and quiet; "I love you too." Whenever he had to be direct with his feelings, she could just feel his discomfort and it never failed to make her laugh. "Tch. Go to sleep."

9.29.19-10.5.19