Youth

Scenario: Goten and Trunks remind Broly about being happy.

Broly decided to visit the homes of his fellow Saiyans today, starting with the residence of Son Goku. Vegeta and Trunks swung by too. Trunks was not only curious to see this "legendary super saiyan" but he also wanted to hang out with Goten. Once the group was all settled down, Goku began the introductions.

"Broly, these are our sons." He gestured at the kids but they were too busy staring at the man before them.

He doesn't look all that tough. Trunks thought but kept quiet when he remembered what Vegeta said the day after the fight. "He has an unspeakable amount of power. Almost too much." The hybrid narrowed his eyes, feeling a bit annoyed that someone could rival his father to such a great degree.

On the other hand, Goten was much more amiable, almost forgetting the story behind who this saiyan was. "Hiya! I'm Goten and this is my best friend, Trunks!"

Broly stared at the little one for a few quick seconds before speaking. "I used to have a best friend." He remarked sadly.

"What happened to him?" Trunks questioned, "did you have a fight? Cause me and Goten fight alllll the time but look at us!" He wrapped an arm around the younger one's shoulders and pulled him close.

"No, he was murdered."

The boys stiffened in shock, the air became awkward and tense. "Uhhh...that sucks!" Trunks suddenly felt sorry for the guy. "But uh, hey! You can be best friends with me and Goten, alright?"

For once in what seemed like forever, Broly smiled. He found it kinda nice how accepting these children where in regards to someone as icy as him.

"First order of business, we have to give you the grand tour of the woods."

"Yeah! And all the cool bugs me 'nd Trunks find!"

The boys were quick to warm up to this new character. Perhaps it was because of the resounding sadness in those onyx orbs, or the way he spoke so timidly that made the kids realize there was nothing impure about him.

Maybe he's just misunderstood like dad says. Goten thought. It wouldn't hurt to get to know 'im better. Plus, Gohan always says to never judge someone just 'cause they look evil...or something like that.

"And you'll never guess what bug dad is afraid of!" The older boy smiled and shot his father a look of arrogance.

The ex-prince shot daggers into his son, though at the moment he wouldn't use a noun so endearing. Maybe brat was better suited. "Trunks, you say a word and you'll get no dinner tonight I swear."

Goku, noticing the sudden rigidity of Vegeta's shoulders, and the defensiveness of his voice realized this wasn't a joke. "Vegeta? Scared of one measly insect?!" His eyes were wide with interest and without a second thought his head whipped to the direction of the purple haired child. "Hey Trunks, if you tell me what it is I'll give you my dinner and dessert."

At the prospect of a good meal, he instantly forgot that Broly was standing nearby. The new saiyan of the group actually seemed to be enjoying their shenanigans. Afterall, it had been such a long time since he felt so at peace. The air was warm, the skies were painted an optimistic blue, birds sang gleefully through the trees, and although he missed his pet, he had three new friends to make up for it. Well, four if you counted Vegeta. Kakarot warned me he could be stubborn. The melancholic saiyan snapped back to reality when he heard Trunk's enthusiastic response.

"Really?! In that case, he's scared of w—"

"Weren't you going to show me around the woods?" Broly politely interrupted. It was rare of him to intervene like this, but with all this learning about brotherhood and saiyan pride, he couldn't resist lending a hand.

"Yeah let's go, Trunks. I wanna show him the river with the biggest fish I caught."

All merriment and ideas of bribery were swiped from his mind at Goten's little declaration. "The biggest fish you caught? That was all me, Goten!"

"Nuh-uh!"

The two went back and forth for a time. They don't treat me like a monster. In fact, they seemed eager to learn more about me.

"Well, let's tell Broly the whole story and let him decide." The youngest Son said confidently.

"Fine by me."

"Then let's go! C'mon!" The brunette ran into the woods with Trunks following closely behind. The two of them didn't give Broly a chance to speak before they dragged him along.

Goku and Vegeta were left alone in the silence for a bit. "Y'know I think the three of 'em will get along just fine. Don't you think, Vegeta?"

The man stood with his fists pressed neatly against his sides. "You want to know what I think?"

"What?"

"I think if one hair is harmed on Trunk's head, I'll kill that bastard."

"Fair enough. But we've known Broly for awhile now. I think it'll help him loosen up a little."

"Hmph. It's possible. But more importantly, I think you're an asshole."

"Me?! What'd I do?"

"Tried to bribe my son into knowing my one weakness! As if I have one to begin with!"

"Well, if you don't have one why are you getting so defensive?" Goku smirked devilishly, only for Vegeta's scowl to intensify.

"I bet you have a fear too, Kakarot! I may have forgotten exactly what it was but I plan on finding out." A spike in his ki warned Goku that the prince wasn't joking.

The third class warrior flared his ki protectively, but for someone as determined as Vegeta, there was no use. "You wouldn't!" He shouted after his rival who was already, quite childishly, flying in the direction of his home.

"I'm gunna ask every member of your family until I get a fucking answer! Starting with your woman!"

"Wh-what?! Why her?" He flew after him with a burning curiosity but the flame haired one paid no attention to his questions. "Vegetaaa!"

11.19.19-4.16.20
1016 words

Just a little story about our growing saiyan fam. Broly's shyness is cute, I need to write more about him!