Awaken, my love!

It was a sleep without dreams or nightmares, just his subconscious floating through an endless blackness. It wasn't anything to be afraid of, instead he found it rather comforting, almost peaceful in its dark embrace. There were only a few glimpses of his last moments; flashes of red from his opponent Jiren, the feeling of speed and power that protruded from his body as well as the inevitable pain that followed. Yet none of it effected his slumber. It all felt so distant, as if he were the one on the stands with the Kais and all his friends, watching the splendid battle. Then his subconscious would plunge back into the rest he deserved. Nothing disturbed him, not scents, or muffled voices or noises-nothing except those flashbacks.

That was until his saiyan ears finally picked up on a nearby voice. "Goku, Goku! Wake up, sweetheart!" His body would not move at first. It was stubborn to the one sound he knew he should be replying to and yet the man was absolutely limp. "C'mon dear. Give me some sign you're alive at least." A vision of her frowning made the warrior stir, and suddenly everything around him was blindingly white.

"Mmm..." he moaned as he forced the thick of his neck to look back. His wife released a sigh of relief. "Ch-Chichi?" The alien rubbed his eyes with the palm of his thick hand. "Is everythin' okay?"

"You tell me, Goku." The smoothness of her hand contrasted with the gruffness of his arm. It was like silk against marble. "Do ya have any idea what time it is?"

"Hmm..nuh-uh." Goku replied lazily before plopping his face back down on the pillow. The entire hulk of his body buzzed in silent agony.

"It's 2:00 in the afternoon," she stated quietly, as if understanding the pain he was in. "Are you okay, darling?" A squeeze of his arm indicated her deep worry.

The fighter mumbled a barely audible; "ya...m'okay."

"You had me worried, Goku-sa. When you didn't smell breakfast like ya normally do I almost called the army." She giggled sweetly, even if he wasn't acting like his usual boisterous self she could only chalk it up to; "that must've been some battle last night, huh?"

So that's what those dreams were. It all came back to him like a flood. Though he was somewhat aware of what happened the day before, it was quite surreal knowing he and his Universe survived. With an impressive amount of energy for someone in such rotten shape, the victor forced his body to turn over and face the woman who cared so deeply. "Yeah," he half smiled "damn, is it really 2:00?" The arm that she held on to broke free, reached out, and nudged the swell of her cheek. He wondered what his next move should be.

"Mm-hm, you almost slept the whole day, silly!"

"Well shit," he groaned while twirling a piece of her hair around, still too deep in a brain fog to curve his language. And before she could correct him, his charm was sure to save the day; "How's my girl been today?"

That certainly distracted her. Like magic the stubborn Chichi became putty in his hands. "Good." The housewife blushed. "Goten went to farm the fields without ya, even though I told him he ain't have to since you were still sleepin'. I guess he wanted to surprise you."

That little bit of information deepened the man's smile. "Good kid. I'm glad the both of you are okay." Much to her dismay, he pulled away from her and forced himself to sit up. Seeing all those muscles flex and strain was quite distracting to the wife. Even through all his grunts of effort she couldn't help but think of how hot he looked. As soon as the adjective passed through her thoughts, a ferocious blush painted her cheeks.

"Let me help you," she quickly slid her arm behind his toned back, which absolutely did not control her lucid feelings, and gave a boost up. "Geez, hun. Just what did you do to yourself this time?"