Produce 48: EP.2

Watch Here

1. Mnet
2. AQ stream
3. olweb
4. Kshow 123

• • •

All of the 97 trainees moved into a dorm after the evaluations, Narin moved into the B dorms.

~Narin POV~

"I wonder what the A grade trainee's shirts look like." I say, thinking out loud.

"I heard that they're pink with sparkles on the back." I turn to the voice and see a short girl, holding one of the B T-Shirts.

"Hi, I'm Alex. Alex Christine, I'm from America." She says, waving one of her hands.

"I'm Im Narin." I smile, as Shihyun comes up to us.

She looks at Alex, then starts to introduce herself. After the introduction they start to just rant about random stuff, while I stand there awkwardly.

Alex and Shihyun are interrupted by someone, reading the rules that were behind the door aloud.

One of the rules said no skinship, and everyone started hugging and touching each other. At first I didn't want to touch anyone, because...I don't know them, but I did anyways.
__

It was time to learn Nekkoya, Trainer Choi YoungJoon was going to teach us the choreography, he told us to use the tips of our toes, while dancing. I was picking up the choreography a little later than the others. And I started relying on the others to figure out what part came next, at least I wasn't the only one.

Miru Shiroma was also learning a bit slower, Trainer Choi YoungJoon. I watched from the sidelines and watched him call her out, "I don't think I'll be able to put you on stage." He said.

(I'm just going to shorten Choi YoungJoon to CYJ)

Miru looked nervous, and a little disappointed in herself.

Trainer CYJ left us alone to practice, I took this time to go up to Miru, "Hey," I wave slightly to get her attention, she looks at me but didn't say anything, "Do you want to practice Nekkoya with me?" She looked a little confused at my words.

"Do. You." I say pointing to her, "Want. To. Practice." Then I started singing and dancing to the little bit of Nekkoya that I knew. Miru narrowed her eyes and bit her lip, trying to figure out what I'm trying to say.

"Nekkoya?" She says, starting to dance with me, I nod quickly, giggling a bit, "Do I want to practice Nekkoya?" She asks, in slightly broken Korean. Understanding what she is trying to say, I clap as if she got it right which she did.

We started practicing in a corner together, until a few more girls invited us to join them. Me and Miru started to pick up the choreo a bit faster thanks to them.

"Uh, Na....Rin?" I hear someone say, I look to the side and see Miru trying to read my name, "Oh yeah, Narin." I point to my name, as she slowly pronounces it with me. 

"Narin?" She says, looking up and narrowing her eyes once again, but to the ceiling in a thinking position, "Rinni-Chan?" Miru tilts her head, now looking at me. Holding in a laugh, I make and 'X' with my two index fingers and shake my head.

"No?" Miru starts to think harder, to give me a 'cute' nickname,
"Rinno-Chan? Imrini?" Miru leaned in and looked close at my face, "Na....Na...Nyan Cat?" She says, and I burst into laughter, Miru does as well.

She holds up a thumbs up, asking if I like the nickname or not, I nod while pointing to her name, "Miru...MiMiru?" "Mi...is....beautiful in korean." I try to explain in English, her mouth forms and 'O' as she understands what her new nickname means.

(I came up with that through the korean word areumdaunmi the word mi by it's self means or can translate to like..beauty or beautiful haha sort korean lesson)

We hear the song Nekkoya start to play from the other side of the room, I turn around to see the other girls gathering to look at something, with Miru and two girls called Jurina and Saho, we go and try to see what the Pick Me video.

I notice that Miru, Jurina, and Saho couldn't see the video, "Hey, Can I see the iPad?" I ask one girl, she nods and hands it to me. I go back to Jurina, Saho, and Miru and show the video to them.
__

After a bit more practice we went back to the B Class dorm, well at least the rest of the B Class did, I decided to check on everyone.

Passing C and D, I came to a new dorm room 'F', The F Class trainees must be having a rough time, I thought to myself. I slowly open the door and peek inside to see the F Class trainees.

"Hello." I bow opening the door a little wider, I take a step inside letting the door close behind me on its own as I look around at all of the trainees.

"I'm Im Narin." I bow slightly again, the other trainees just stare at me like their frozen, which made me a bit uncomfortable. "I'm from B Class."

"Hi, I'm Nako." I look down to see a small girl sitting on one of the bottom bunks, they all go around and introduce theirselves to me, but their was one who was really quiet and I couldn't hear her name.  "What was your name?" I ask, walking closer.

"Kang Hyewon." She says, in a voice almost lower than a whisper. Kang Hyewon? That name sounded familiar...
_

After awhile of talking to F Class I decided to see how A Class was doing, because I knew that Yena was in there.

Unlike how I enter the F Class dorm, I barge into the room and scan the bunk beds for Yena, I finally find her sitting on a lower bunk, "Yena!" I exclaimed, plopping down beside her.

"Hey Narin, how is B Class?" She asks putting her arm over my shoulder, causing me to lean onto hers.

"It was okay." I tell her nonchalantly, looking up to see a girl staring at us from the top bunk across from the one we were sitting on.

"Hi, you're Sakura, right?" She nods at my question, I smile and lean forward off of Yena.

"I'm Narin." She gives a quick smile then lays down onto the bunk bed.
__

It was now time to record Nekkoya for our next evaluation. I watched as the trainees record their dances, some with confidence some with none, when it was my turn I was obviously nervous.

I had to sing in both Korean and Japanese and I barely practiced the Japanese version.

The first part for the Korean version, I was doing alright I started to forget a bit of the choreography from the pressure, it started with choreography then the lyrics.

I started skipping through certain parts and when it came to the Japanese version my confidence was already gone, the singing turned into mumbles and the dancing turned into hand genstures, though near the end I gathered up the little confidence I had and tried my best.

I'm not going to survive this...