Chapter 2

When I enter the tower everyone is already there seated at a long wooden table with Fury at the head. Behind him was a screen with a video paused on a shot of a bus in New York.

"Glad you could finally join us, Agent Romanoff." Fury said unamused.

I rolled my eyes at what Fury said and sat at the seat closest to me. Next to me was Clint and in front of me was Steve.

"The reason I called you here was to talk about a vigilante which has been appearing more often. His name is Spider-Man." Fury started talking earning all the Avengers attention.

Nick then played the footage on the screen. It was a video of Spider-Man stopping a car from hitting the bus. This made me worried about Peter. If the avengers were after him it could cause a lot of problems.

"No one knows his identity and that's the problem. We don't know what his aim is and we don't know if he could turn against us. I want you to catch him, reveal his identity and get him to join the Avengers."

"Ok Friday alert us when Spider-Man is next on patrol," Tony said glancing up at the ceiling. "Who will go first to catch him?"

"I will."

They all looked at me confused because this isn't something that I would usually volunteer for so easily. By doing this I could talk to him and say to the Avengers he doesn't want to join and just help our the little guy. Try and convince them myself that he isn't going to turn on us.

"Well with that settled I'm going to leave now. Goodbye."

--------------------

When I got back to the apartment Peter wasn't there. I got scared for a moment till I saw a small note on the kitchen counter. It was a message from Peter saying he went to the roof.

I walked over to the window and climbed onto the fire escape. Looking up I could see Peter's feet dangling off the edge swinging back and forth.

"You okay down there Mama spider?"

I walked up to where he was sitting and perched myself next to him.

"Good to see your Peter tingle is working well."

"I told you it isn't called that. It's my spider-sense." Peter whined.

"Ok baby spider I promise to call it your spider-sense from now on," I said with a breathy laugh.

"Thank you."

We sit on the edge of the roof for a while in silence. We look over the skyline of New York. It looks so pretty as the sunsets. It creates a calm atmosphere between us which I don't want to ruin by telling him about the meeting but I have too.

"The Avengers are trying to work out who Spider-Man is behind the mask and make him join them."

"Well, that ain't good."

"No, but I've volunteered to go first in talking you. I will try and convince them you mean no harm and just want to help the little guy but I can't make any promises."

"Thank you mama spider."

"You're welcome, baby spider. Now you need to go inside and finish your homework cause I know you haven't done it yet."

Peter gets up with a chuckle and heads back down the fire escape to the apartment. I stay there for a while longer just staring out on the city before heading back down as well.