Chapter 5

After talking with Peter for a little bit longer me and Clint head back to the tower. We head straight up to the common room where they are all waiting to find out about Spidey. When we step out of the elevator they all look towards us with confused expressions as to why we don't have him with us. We just walk over and sit down on the sofa next to them waiting till a question is asked.

"Why don't you have the spider guy with you?" Tony was the first one to voice his concerns.

"Wasn't a threat. He just wanted to look after the little guy, not be part of the Avengers."

"Did you get his identity though?"

"Nope. I don't think we should either. He definitely won't turn on us and I think he keeps it secret for a reason. He's scared. Probably trying to protect someone he cares about."

"Are you really sure about this Nat?" Steve questions making sure I know what I'm doing, so I'm not putting everyone at risk.

"I am."

"Then maybe we shouldn't go after him?" Tony questioned understanding the need to protect those you care about.

"You will get Spider-Man's identity and that's final. You can't know for sure that is his true motivation." Fury said storming into the common room.

Everyone nodded their head in agreement deciding that Tony should go next. Well, there goes that plan.

--------------
When the little meeting is over me and Clint head back to my apartment to talk to Peter some more. No more important information needed to be shared, Clint just loved talking to the kid and wanted to get to know him some more.

Before entering the apartment I made sure to do the special knock and told Clint if he ever came round to do it too even if they had given him a key. When I opened the door Peter came rushing towards me.

I opened my arms out to give him a big hug when he ran into me. "Is everything alright baby spider?"

"Everything is fine I was just excited to see you back. I managed to finish the sensory equipment."

"Well, why don't you show it to me and Clint now?"

Only then did Peter realise that Clint was standing there behind me. He then walked around me and gave Clint a big hug too. Clint was shocked for a moment before instantly hugging back, his dad instincts kicking in.

"So what is it you want to show us?"

"Well, you know how I said that my senses are always dialled up to eleven? Sometimes they can get overloaded and everything becomes too overwhelming for me and I can't do anything. These devices were created to lessen the sensory input I get to stop these overloads or help me function during one."

"That's quite impressive especially for someone your age."

"Told you my kids a genius and could rival Tony."

By this point in the conversation, we had reached Peter's room. He picked up each item and showed it to us. The glasses used to decrease the amount of light just looked like normal glasses that Peter used to wear, you couldn't even tell they were dimming the lights. With his earbuds, you couldn't notice them in his ear unless you were looking for them.

After Peter put everything back on the desk Clint finally noticed his pair or broken hearing aids. "So that's where my spare pair went."

"Oh I'm sorry uncle Clint, I didn't know that they were yours."

"It's ok, kid, you definitely needed them more than me. I can also always get a new spare pair."