Chapter 8

"Welcome to the food hall. There is a range of different dishes made by our lovely chefs here at SI. You have been given $10 on your visitors passes to purchase lunch. We have an hour scheduled to eat. Now run off and eat you're going to need a lot of energy for our next stop."

Stepping through the doors into the main food hall I was hit by a giant wave of smell. Everything in there smelt so good and made my mouth water. There was Chinese, Indian, Thai, Italian, burgers and more. Over on the left side of the stands, I saw a stall selling different Russian dishes like the ones Mama Spider would make me. I took a quick look at the meals but decided not to get any of them as I knew they wouldn't be the same as when she makes them. In the end, I decided to get a couple of cheeseburgers and fries.

Once I got my food I sat down at a table near the corner with Ned and MJ. While having lunch me and Ned got into a very energetic conversation about a new Lego set got as MJ read quietly next to us sometimes speaking up to call us losers. That was all until Flash showed up and slammed his down on the table.

"Good luck with Mal, Parker", was all Flash said before leaving.

Me, Ned and MJ all sat there in stunned silence. None of us knew what Flash meant by that comment. Why would I need luck with Mal? Did I do something wrong? While I was asking these questions in my head Mal approached my table and asked if she could talk to me for a moment. I followed her to the side of the room so we could start talking.

"So, Peter, I heard from your classmate Flash that you disturbed an intern while we were in the labs. Would you like to describe your side of the story."

"Oh ok. Well, when I was in the labs I saw an equation on a board in the back. When I went over to it I saw a small mistake that made me laugh. I guess that could kind of count as disturbing him? Anyway, after that, he asked me what I found funny. He couldn't see the mistake so I asked him if I could make the change. He didn't seem mad afterwards though."

"Ok well, that's all right. I do need to go talk to the intern to make sure that did happen though."

"What Mr Parker said was true Miss Gallagher. The intern in question Mr Flynn seemed to praise him afterwards. This leads me to believe he didn't seem to mind the interruption." Friday said from a speaker near me and Mal.

"Well, that sorts that out. Go and enjoy the rest of your lunch."

--------

After lunch, we went to the gym. For this part, we were meant to have a presentation and activity with a couple of the Avengers. The gym was a very big space, like the rest of the towers rooms. One half was like any normal gym with treadmills and weights, except how the weights went up to ridiculous numbers, but the other side was a specialised sparring area. It catered to all the Avengers special abilities.

In the sparring area, all the Avengers helping out today were standing chatting to one another. These Avengers were: The Falcon, Captain America, White Wolf and Black Widow. Well Shit. This isn't good. Of course, while I was having my inner freak out the rest of my class were freaking out at the fact the Avengers were standing in front of them, even MJ was a little star-struck seeing as Black Widow is one of her idols.

Captain America then stood forward to speak which shut the whole class up. "Hello, as you know I am Steve Rogers this is Sam Wilson, James Barnes and Natasha Romanoff and today we will tell you about how we train and even teach you some things-"

"If he doesn't drone on too long." Mr Barnes butted in.

This made me laugh causing everyone to look at me. Crap, laughing is getting me into a lot of trouble today. Obviously, everyone looked quite shocked and confused.

"Sorry, it was just to hard not to laugh at what he said."

"You speak Russian?" Mr Barnes asked.

"Yeah, my mums family is from Russia so I decided to learn it."

"Ha, that's not true. You have no family they are all dead." Flash barked out mocking me.

"Just because we aren't blood-related doesn't mean they aren't my family now."

After standing up for myself Mr Rodgers turned to Flash and scolded him for his rude comments towards me. Flash looked surprised at this happening as if he wouldn't defend someone from other cruelty. I don't know how Flash thought he could get away with this though, they are superheroes after all, especially with the PSAs Mr Rodgers made.

When everything had calmed down we continued with the look around the gym. They each told us their respective routines which all sounded so intense. It all involved so many weights and running. At the mention of running, Mr Wilson sent an annoyed look towards Mr Rodgers which I found very amusing but I didn't end up laughing this time. Victory!

"Now that we have each gone through our routines we will now teach you some sparring techniques. Before we start has anyone had any previous experience of training?" Mr Rodgers asked the class.

Only me and Flash put our hands up in response to his question. This made me wonder how much training Flash actually had. He never seemed too skilled but maybe he was just holding back. My thoughts were interrupted by Mr Wilson leading us over to one of the mats and told us to have a quick sparring match to see where we were both at in terms of skill. The match didn't last too long, probably only a couple of seconds, as I seriously outmatched Flash. I guess training with Black Widow and fighting crime daily really helps improve your skills.

"Seeing as he wasn't a proper match for your skill why don't we spar." Mama Spider said out of nowhere.

"Ok"

Me and Mama Spider stood facing each other on the mat. We decided to go with the simple sparring rules. That meant no training weapons. That doesn't mean we followed that rule. Partway through the fight, Mama Spider pulled out two sparring daggers and gave me one as it seemed like the fight wouldn't end soon if we didn't have them. The fight lasted longer than the previous one and it ended with me pinning Nat down and holding one of the sparring daggers to her throat with the other one on the far side of the room flung there earlier in the fight.

"Damn, kid, that was impressive. This technically makes you top of the sparring leaderboard."

"Thanks."

--------------------

Author's Note:

Finally finished this chapter horah. Meant to update it last week but everything got a bit hectic but it is up now.

Someone commented on a previous update asking about how old was Peter when Nat adopted him so I thought I would clear it up here.

So at 15, Peter got his powers and uncle ben died.

Then when he was 16 May died and Peter got adopted by Nat.

Peter met Nat a little bit after the homecoming incident which I decided did happen except he doesn't know Tony and civil war almost happened but the discussed it and made the accords more agreeable. That is also kinda part of why they are hunting Spider-Man as he is operating illegally but none of the police care because he helps out and it is not like any of them could catch him.

In the present moment, he is still 16 because it has only really been a couple of months since he was adopted.

Hopefully, this covers everything if not feel free to ask more questions.