Chapter 11

Jake continued to stare at the detective's in front of him as they glared in disbelief back to him. He hesitates for a moment before raising his hand up slightly. "Okay, you called me here for a reason, can we pay attention to that?" He asks, casually making his way over to Amy on the floor.

He goes to help her up off the floor but she quickly swats his hand away, making him take a step back.

The two detectives behind him still haven't said a word since Jake walked in, however Charles is quick to break the silence in the room.

"Jake's the father isn't he?" He asks with a wide grin on his face.

Jake turns around to face his best friend and raises his eyebrows. "What are you on about? I'm not the father, David's the father." He defends, his voice raising slightly.

Amy quickly cuts in. "Oh don't even bother, they know."

"Know what?" Jake asks, turning back to Amy.

She shoots up a dagger-glare to him, making him go quiet.

Charles then speaks up again. "Think about it Rosa, Jake's got to be the father. All the reasons as to why we couldn't go around Jake's apartment, or Amy's, without any notice, Jake mysteriously disappearing when Amy has doctor's appointments and how we've never met David."

Rosa crosses her arms over her chest. "We've never met David because Amy's just told him she made him up, all of the other reasons might just be a coincidence. You're so caught up in wanting them to be together you're making stuff up."

Jake cuts in quickly. "Wait, David was made up?"

"Oh my god, Jake, will you quit asking dumb questions?" Amy asks, raising her voice slightly.

Rosa looks down to Amy and sighs slightly. "So who is the father Amy?"

Amy sends a subtle look to Jake, who returned the gaze before looking down to his feet. She swallows before sighing. "Alright, fine... Jake is the father."

Charles lets out a quiet cheer of celebration before furrowing his eyebrows. "Wait? Are you guys a thing? And if you are, since when?"

A pause hits both the detectives as they look to each other again before Amy gives Jake a look to push him to answer.

Jake looks to his friend in silence for a second before speaking up. "Yes, me and Amy are together, we have been since May. That's when all this happened."

"Why didn't you tell us?!" Charles squeals out, keeping his voice low enough to not be heard outside the evidence locker, but loud enough for it to echo loudly in the room around them.

Peralta pauses for a moment before sighing. "It was complicated."

Before any more can be said, Amy speaks up loudly, gaining every one else's attention in the room. "Okay, hate to break up a moment, but I'm good at the minute and I'd really prefer to get up off the floor."

The detective's all nod and Jake helps her to her feet before walking in her shadow toward the door, Charles and Rosa following a few steps behind them both.

Before they leave the evidence locker, Jake turns around to face his colleagues and friends again. "So are we good with all the questions?"

Charles immediately shakes her head. "Oh, no I've got hundreds more, it will take time, but you'd better go before Amy has another contraction, it's not pretty." He responds, gaining an angry glare from Amy over her shoulder.

Rosa cuts off the both from speaking up as she leads them out the door. "You go, we'll tell the squad what's going on and meet you there soon."

Jake smiles gently, looking over his shoulder as he helps Amy toward the bullpen. "Thanks you guys."