The Truth and the Secrets. (*)

(Izuku narrating)

"We all live in a superhuman society, where 80% of the population possesses some kind of superpower. "

"It all started with a boy that radiated light, and then, reports of people with superpowers kept popping up from all around the world. These superpowers came to be known as 'quirks'. Nowadays, it is rarer for a person to now have a quirk than for a person to have one. Making superpowers the norm."

"But that wasn't all, with the powers, also came these wormhole-like gates called 'dungeon', that linked our world together with some other world. Whether it be some mystial forest, some deep undergroun caves, even the bottom of some vast ocean, each of these dungeons could be connected any of them. "

(Kinda like these)

(Kinda like these)

"Once a gate appeared, people are able to freely enter and exit it. But after 7 days, the things inside the dungeon were free to leave the gate and come into the outside world."

"And what came outside wasn't anything good. There were all sorts of monsters like orcs, ogres, ants, goblins, and all the other creatures and monsters from various fantasy tales. This led to the first few years after the appearance of quirks and gates into total chaos. "

"The only way one could close off a gate is by finding and defeating the boss of the dungeon hidden inside. These bosses in the gate would often be an alpha or stronger variant of the other monsters found in the same dungeon."

"This made the clearing of these dungeons a tedious and dangerous task for anyone attempting it. The difficulty and the intensity of the dungeon could be detected using a device known as the 'gate scanner'. The gates are then ranked from the weakest 'E' then moving onwards with 'D', 'C', 'B', 'A' and finally 'S'. "

"That wasnt all though, along with the gates, also came villains who wanted to abuse their quirks in order to do whatever they wanted and cause chaos. And those who took the responsibility of taking care of these gates as well as the villains outside were known as heroes. They were also ranked from 'E' to 'S' after assessing their total strength and performance."

"There was this one unwritten law for those who wished to enter these dungeons. 'Nobody knows what can happen inside of a dungeon'. This was because whenever someone went inside a dungeon, they would always return either covered in blood, or injured. And the gate would close quickly causing investigation of what happened almost impossible."

"Many people however tried to cummunicate what happens inside a dungeon to the outside with the help of many different electriconic devices, but to no avail. Heroes dying inside of gates was almost guaranteed during the early years of quirk manifesting. No one's dead body ever came back because after the death of the boss, the gate would only remain open for about 30 minutes. This however, has become few and far between due to the various regulations that the hero association mandated on any entry or exit of these gates."