Night mysteries

What intrigued Izuku more however, was the fact that this time he had a choice while selecting his rewards.

" Blessed and Cursed random boxes, now what exactly makes you different from regular ones... Let's see... " Izuku said as he observed the screen to make his decision.

( First Person Perspective)

" Blessed or cursed, I have only one option from both of them, so before I choose any, I should know what's the difference... "  I said as I started looking at the description of both of the boxes one by one.

[ Item : Blessed Random box
Item class :     S.                  
Item Type : Random box.

A special type of random box of the highest rarity. It gives you something that you would truly desire. ]

[ Item : Cursed Random box
Item class :    S.                  
Item Type : Random box.

A special type of random box of the highest rarity. It gives you something that you would truly need. ]

" Hmm... Something I would truly desire, Or something that I would truly need.. It's a pretty tough choice honestly. If going by what the description says, the safest choice is to choose the blessed random box, however, I don't know if how it will give me the thing I desire.. It could work in the opposite way and give me what I want but in turn harm something else, on the other hand, cursed random box will give me what I need, what if it gives a useless item which I'll need but can easily obtain in some other way.... *murmur* *murmur* *murmur*  *murmur*   but what if *murmur*  *murmur*  *murmur*   and if so, then *murmur*  *murmur*  *murmur* ." I began saying as I went on my usual nerdy ramblings. Then all of a sudden one thought clicked in me...

" Mom... " I said to myself. " My main reason for becoming a hero is to make sure I have enough money to treat my mom and make sure she recovers, but till now, there haven't been a single case of anyone recovering from eternal sleep... What if I truly desire something to cure my mother... Will the blesses random box give it to me.. " I continued, still unsure of myself.

' I have no way to know other than try it, I guess. ' I think to myself as I select the blessed random box, and accept it together with the other rewards.

[ All stats have been increased by 3 ]

[ You have received
  Blessed random box ]

[ Status recovery accepted, your Hp, Mp and fatigue is restored to normal. ]

As soon as those messages popped up from the system, I looked through my inventory and took out the 'Blessed Random box' from it. The chance for me to make sure my mom recovers from this cursed illness, all I need t do now is think clearly about wanting to heal mom... 

Hesitantly, I open the box with closed eyes and hope with all my heart that I am correct in my assumption. The box began to glow as I opened it, different from the rest of the random boxes and as I checked what was in the box, the feelings I had were a mix of confusion and sadness.

What came out from the box, wasn't anything that can cure mom of her illness but something completely different. It was.... A key.