Closure (fluff angst, Dear Starboy)

Now, this angst doesn't revolve around serious topics. Hence the name 'fluff angst.' I wanted this first one shot to end with a bittersweet ending that I wished would have happened in Dear Starboy. So, without further ado, here's the first one-shot.

______

"I think I'm ready to move on." Tom announced to his dear friends, Edd and Matt.

It is now late spring, a few months after Tord, a lover of his, dearly departed, and Edd and Matt had been Tom's crutches to recovery. Edd smiled at Tom. "That's great, buddy. I think... Tord would be very proud of you."

"I second that." Matt agreed.

A smile tugged at the corners of Tom's lips, feeling so grateful for his friend's support. After talking for a while, Tom notified his friends that he would go to Tord's grave as his last and final goodbye before he moved on.

After getting approval from both of them, Tom grabbed his jacket and the final note that Tord left him. The ink was still blotched in the middle of the writing due to Tord's tears and was unreadable. But tonight, Tom was determined to read it. The entire thing.

He took a pencil with him and headed off to Tord's grave. He hopped in his car and drove. After Tord's funeral, Tom didn't want his grave in the graveyard. Instead, he wanted it to be under the stars, just like Tord would have wanted it to be.

As soon as he arrived, Tom speed-walked to Tord's tombstone. And as the tombstone came into greater view, he could see Tord's well-remembered words: "I'm with the stars now."

Tom made himself a seat near the grave and began speaking. "Tord... please forgive me for moving on. I'm not forgetting you... I'm just letting you go."

Tom brought out Tord's final letter and the pencil he brought with him. He took out a piece of scrap paper in his pocket and overlapped it with Tord's note. Then he took the pencil and lightly sketched over it, revealing all the words Tord wanted to say to Tom.

As he kept on tracing, however, words that Tom never read before appeared before his very 'eyes.'

It read: "Look at up at the stars. See the brightest one there? That is me. I'm shining so bright for you so you can notice. Do you see me, Kittyboy?"

He looked up at the stars. And immediately, he saw the brightest one out of all of them. Tears dripped down Tom's cheek. "Starboy...?" he whispered under his breath. Tom hung his head. "Damn... how am I supposed to move on when I see your smile everywhere, huh?" Tom chuckled. "That's a very cruel thing to do to man, don't you think?"

No response. Tom sighed and kissed Tord's tombstone. He slipped Tom's final message to Tord, along with a bouquet of flowers to respect the dead. Tom smiled. "I surely won't forget you now, Starboy." he sighed as he walked away.

Among the stars, there is a young boy standing there, listening to it all. Tears flowed from his eyes and all he can do was smile and watch him leave. He smiled. "You deserve closure, Kittyboy. I'm so proud of you."

_____

Tell me if you cried or not ;)