I Finally Found You, Soulmate (MattTord, fluff) Pt. 1

As much as I am a TomTord shipper, MattTord and their ship are just so adorable, and I am a sucker for things adorable. So in this one-shot, Tord and Matt had spent their years looking for 'the one.' And after years of knowing each other, they became to love one another, and this, ladies and gentlemen, is their small love story.

________

A soulmate can be hard to find. And Matt found that out the hard way.

Ever since he even heard of the definition of 'soulmate', he had been out looking for one ever since. That girl that seemed to give you butterflies in your stomach? Let's get to know her better, maybe she's your soulmate. Or how about that guy sitting across from you in AP History class? Maybe there's that one spark...

Whatever the case, he'd gone on plenty of dates, and only those dates just gave him butterflies in his stomach. But when he met Tord, a funny, trigger-happy Norwegian on junior year of college, the only thing he felt in his stomach was the tomato and lettuce sandwich he had for lunch.

Here's the funny thing with soulmates: they spring up on you when you least expect it. And man, Matt did not expect Tord to be his soulmate.

The years he'd spent with Tord, the small spark of attraction he had for him had sprung into a humongous bonfire of love. Never before he had someone in his life to make him feel so vulnerable, and make it feel so good. Like he could easily give away all his trust, and trust that person not to break it. Never, ever, ever in his twenty-one years he had never felt that. Until he met Tord.

It was a spring day. Flowers around him blossomed, everything just seemed more alive. The sky was blue, tourists and locals alike were frolicking all over the streets of London, having places to go.

Matt walked out of his apartment that was shared with his two roommates, quite excited for a new day. He walked outside, shading his face from the sun that was just peeking out from a fluffy white cloud. Matt grinned, as if saying hello to the fireball of doom.

He walked to his car and took out his phone. He went into his contacts and called Tord, patiently waiting for him to answer as he put himself in front of the wheel. He heard a familiar Norwegian voice enter his ears.

"Hello?" asked Tord.

"Hey, Tord!" Matt greeted. "I was just wondering, if you're free, would you like to go to this diner with me? Their food is pretty good! I could pick you up!"

For awhile, there was a moment of silence. Then, Tord responded in a cheerful tone, "Ah, why not? We haven't seen each other in a while, it would be nice to catch up."

Heat arose to Matt's cheeks. "Alright! I'll be heading to your apartment, then!"

"Cool! I'll get ready!"

Tord hung up, and already, Matt was flustered by the sound of Tord's voice. He groaned, covering his face away from an invisible audience that was staring at him. After clearing his face from any kind of blush, Matt sighed and combed his fingers through his hair. "Well, I guess it's time to pick up Tord."

He put his car in reverse and made his way out of the parking lot, heading to pick up Tord.

___

Ding dong!

Matt just arrived at Tord's apartment, still trying to fix his green overcoat just to make sure he was presentable. Sure, he can convince himself that he'd always look flawless, and doesn't need any fixing. But this Tord we're talking about. He had to look beyond flawless.

Soon enough, Tord opened his door, grinning at Matt. He was in his usual attire: black jeans, a red hoddie, and black sneakers. He had his hands casually in his pocket, his body slightly shifted toward the doorframe. Everything, from his smallest movements, to that big grin of his, was beyond flawless in Matt's standards.