Nightmares (MattTord, fluff)

Okay, in this one-shot, Matt had a nightmare and went to Tord for comfort. Let's get into it!
_______

On nights like this, it was supposed to be peaceful, free of any night terrors. A night where Edd is trying to yank Tom out of the bar, and Tord and Matt was resting peacefully, in their respective rooms.

But tonight wasn't those nights, instead of Matt sleeping soundly, he was plagued with a nightmare, making him sit up straight in his bed, drenched in his sweat. He was panting heavily and was visibly shaking, scared.

Shirtless, he got out of his bed and walked up to his closet, where he had put on a shirt. He then proceeded to go out of his room and to Tord's room. There, he knocked on the door.

A few moments pass, before a voice groggily goes, "Come in..."

Matt opened the door, seeing a tired Tord sitting up on his bed, rubbing his eye tiredly. "Matt?" Tord asked, his Norwegian voice laced with drowsiness. "What's up?"

Ashamed to tell Tord, he grabbed his arm and whispered, "I had a nightmare..."

Tord groaned. "Matt, you're a grown man, a nightmare can't shake you up that bad."

"But..." Matt began to shake. "It was about you..."

Tord's expression softened when he realized Matt was truly terrified. He welcomed Matt into his bed, where then he wrapped Matt up in blankets, hugging him. "Would you like to talk about it?" asked Tord.

Matt shook his head. Sighing, Tord nodded understandably, getting up from the bed. "Where are you going...!?" Matt's voice was laced with panic.

"I'm just going to get you a glass of water, okay?" Tord smiled gently at Matt. "No need to panic."

As Tord walked out of the room, Matt shivered and pushed himself deeper into the covers. Matt was too ashamed to say it to Tord, but what the nightmare was truly about was Tord rejecting him in the harshest way possible.

In the years he had known Tord, he had fallen in love with him. He was Matt's safe house. A warmth that he needed. A mystery that kept Matt interested.

He studied Tord's room, which was painted red. Hentai posters were plastered all over the room (which Matt's virgin eyes tried to avoid), guns laid in one corner, and a few books rested on the cabinet near Tord's bed.

Tord came into the room with a glass of water, giving it to Matt. He watched as Matt gulped it down, putting it away onto the cabinet. Tord rested his head on Matt's shoulder, which resulted in Matt jumping and blushing.

After a while, Matt got used to Tord resting on his shoulder, relaxing a bit. And although he should have been grateful his crush was being this close him, Matt could not help but want more.

He wanted more than just a presence resting on his shoulder. He wanted Tord's lips to press up against his. He wanted Tord to cuddle up against his chest, he wanted Tord to be his. Wait, no. He didn't want Tord to be his. Tord's still his own person. It was more of... he just wanted Tord to love him back.

A few more moments pass by. He looked at Tord, who was struggling to keep his eyes open. Matt chuckled. "Y'know, you can rest." he said.

Tord shook his head. "No. I'll be the one to scare away the nightmare demons away."

"I thought I would be your night in shining armor."

"Please, you can barely hurt a fly."

Pecking Matt's cheek, Tord finally closed his eyes. Matt jumped at the sudden kiss, flustered. Tord smiled. "I love you too, idiot. May my kiss protect you from all the nightmare demons."

For the rest of the night, Tord's kiss must've worked. Because for the rest of the night, Matt was finally able to get some rest, with Tord finally by his side.